Chapter 42

Joan's pov
  After twenty minutes, everyone starts piling in the room. Steve, Tony, Clint, Nat, Rose, Bruce, even Nick Fury. Apparently Thor is back home. Even Rhodes made it. I let out a sigh and try my best to stay calm.

  "Hey there Joan, how are you feeling?"Tony asks.

  "What do you guys want?" I ask.

  "We just have a few questions," Steve says.

  I look down to Anastasia who has a look of confusion on her face. They were talking to fast for her. She can't be in here for this.

  "Anastasia, how about you go wait outside. Remember how we practiced English?" I ask in Russian, and she nods. "I want you to try and speak it," I add.

  She nods her head and hops off the bed.

  "Pepper and Peter are outside, they'll watch her," Tony says.

  "There's two really nice people outside that are going to look out for for a little bit," I translate. She nods her head and walks out the door, gently closing it behind her.

  I let out a sigh and Bucky grabs my hand. My head is killing me.

  "What happened?" Steve asks.

  "Your going to have to be more specific. A lot happened," I respond.

  "Can you walk us through it?" Clint asks.

  I look back to Fury who seems to be calm and collected, but I can tell that really, he's pissed off.

  "Why are you angry?" I ask, looking him dead in the eyes.

  "Why do you think? You killed the man that was most important to us!" He scolds.

  "Ok, look, let's just all calm down ok? We don't need another civil war," Natalia says.

  "Lets start off easy, ok? Who's the girl?" Tony asks.

  "She's just a kid. She's never killed, I made sure that she didn't," I answer.

  "What's her name? Does she have any powers?" He asks.

  "Her name is Anastasia. She's an empath, and she can control the elements. She was apart of a program where they would give kids these abilities, but she's different," I say, looking towards the door.

  "How so?" Steve asks.

  "Unlike the other kids, her powers weren't given to her by Hydra. She's a mutant."

  "How do-" Steve goes to ask but I cut him off.

  "You won't find anything on her. Trust me, I've tried. I gave her the name, I wasn't going to call her numbers. You people don't understand what that does to you. I tried looking through Hydra's data base, but there's nothing on her. No files of her being bought, or any about a girl being taken, not with her description anyway."

  "What is she to you?" Clint asks.

  I think for a moment. I don't know how to answer this, so Bucky does.

  "She loves the kid, hell, everyone did."

  "You know her?" Natalia asks.

  "Yeah, I'm just surprised that she remembers me. I left them when she was three"

  "Did you ever hurt her or have intentions of hurting her?" Fury asks.

  "She would never," Rose answers.

  We all turn our attention to Rose. She's wearing black leggings and a black zipper up hoodie. Her hair is now back to it's normal wavy blond, which she had pulled back into a simple braid.