Chapter 39

Joans pov
  Natalia and I end up going our separate ways, she went to join the rest of the Avengers, and I went to find Bucky. As I'm sprinting through the trees, dodging every little bullet, I end up find James.

  He has about twenty soldiers on him. Without a second though, I sprint in to help him.

  "Joan?" He asks in disbelief.

  "Back to back!" I command. We press our backs up against one another and start going at them. In no time, their all either dead or seriously injured.

  "Just like old times," James says with a smile. I give him a half smile, it was good to see him.

  "I'm so sorry we didn't come sooner. Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" He asks, cupping my face.

  "I'm fine," I lie.

  Then, out of no where, a soldier grabs Bucky by his neck and yanks him away. As I'm about to help him, a piercing pain stabs through my stomach. I can feel my feet lift off the ground. I look down to see a sword going through my stomach. I then drop to the ground, the snow around me turning red.

  I can feel a foot pressing hard against my back, making me grunt in pain.

  "Your to far gone. I should have put you down when I had the chance," Ivan spits.

  I can feel tears streaming down my face. All I feel, is white hot pain. Then, I hear one of those guns go off and this time I can't help but scream. Through the screaming, I can hear Ivans laughter.

  I look to my left side and see that my once metal arm is now blown off, the only part left, being the shoulder, right before the start. My vision starts to be filled with little black and white dots. The sound of a gun being cocked back is heard, yet it sounds so far away.

  "Goodbye, my pet." Then, I can feel the pressure from my back being lifted off.

  I can hear slight sounds of grunts and fighting, but it all sounds so far. I try to fight off the darkness, keeping my eyes open. But, maybe this is for the best?

  "Joan?" I hear a voice ask, but it sounds like it's miles away. "Joan?!" It yells once more. Then I can feel someone pick up my body and it's James. "Joan! Oh my gosh, you're, you're going to be ok. We're going to get you help," James says frantically.

  I reach my hand to touch his face, his bread scruffy with little bits of ice in it. "James," is all I'm able to get out. James grabs my hand and gently squeeze it.

  "Shhh. Your ok, your going to be ok. Just stay away, can you do that for me?" He asks softly, but in my language.

  I nod my head with a half smile. My mouth tasted like metallic and salt. I could feel the sticky red liquid pour out of my mouth. Then, standing behind James, I see Ivan. And in his hand is a gun, pointed directly at James head.

  I let go of James hand and grab his hand gun from his holster. Quickly, I extend my arm and shoot Ivan right between the eyes. My arm then goes limp and the gun falls from my hand. This is it. This is he end. Then, it all goes black.

James pov
  I'm surrounded by twenty eight men, I have no clue how this is going to end. Then, suddenly, Joan pops into the picture. Immediately, I am overcome by joy and hope. Oh, these assholes are screwed now.

  "Joan?"

  "Back to back!" She yells.

  Without thought, we go back to back and start fighting them left and right. Joan, of course isn't holding back, and seeing that this was Hydra, I didn't either. It didn't take long to get all of them down, most of them dead.

  "Just like old times," I smirk. Joan gives me a half smile, which to me, was the biggest smile. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. Did they hurt you? Are you ok?" I ask, scanning her body for any injuries.

  "I'm fine," she responds, but I could tell that was a lie.

  Then out of nowhere, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I throw the guy off of me and slam him against a tree. When I go to look back over to Joan, she has a sword through her stomach and her feet are no longer touching the ground. FUCK!

  As I'm about to go after her, the soldier from earlier gets back up and tackles me to the ground. He grabs a knife from his back pocket and places it in my side. I let out a hiss and throw him off of me. I watch as he's quick to his feet, this isn't a normal soldier, he's a super soldier like Steve and I.

  Then, I hear Joan let out a blood curdling scream. I quickly turn my head to look at her and her metal arm has been blown off. Without thinking, I grab my gun and shoot the soldier right between the eyes. The moment he drops dead, I sprint towards Ivan and tackle him off of Joan.

  The two of us skid away from each other. I dart towards him and sprints towards me. I grab his torso and pin him up against a tree. Using my metal arm, I grab his neck and throw him into another tree, sending him flying through it. I wait for a second for him to get up but he doesn't.

  I look back over to Joan who is in a pool of her own blood. I sprint to her, yelling her name. Once I'm by her side I kneel down and gently pic her up. She was covered in blood. There's blood pouring out of her mouth and I can see the life in her eyes slowly drain.

  "Joan! Oh my gosh, you're, you're going to be ok. We're going to get you help," I assure her in a panic voice.

  Joan reaches up and cups my face. Her breathing is going, coming out as short breaths. I grab hold of her hand and keep it to my face.

  "J-James," she chokes out

  "Shhh. Your ok, your going to be ok. Just stay away, can you do that for me?" I ask in Russian.

  I see Joans eyes go behind me and her hand drops from my grasp. Her icy blue eyes look back over to me and she gives me a weak smile, then the sound of a gunshot rings through the air. I turn my head to see Ivan drop dead. I look back to Joan and see my gun fall from her hand.

  "Joan?" I ask, trying to get her to wake up. "Joan! Wake up!" I plead. I pick her up bridal style and make my way to the jet.

  "Everyone fall in!" I yell though the coms.

  "We're not here!" Steve yells.

  "If we don't get Joan back now she's going to die!" I scream. I end up finding everyone and we all sprint into the jet. Nat and Clint quickly start up the engine and we take off.

  I lay Joan down on the bed and Bruce quickly comes over, cloves already on. She isn't go to make it. She isn't going to make it.