Chater 35

Joans pov
  As we're driving, the first thirty minutes was just silence. Until Rose speaks.

  "Why did you have to kill him?" Rose asks.

  I take a deep breath, my foot switching to the break for the red light. "There can't be any witnesses. If he were to live, he would tell Hydra who we are, what his car looks like, the license plate, they would be able to track us," I explain.

  Rose goes quiet, I know that wasn't the answer that she was looking for, but it had to be done. If Hydra were to find him, than they would question him and we could be found. We need to get somewhere safe, somewhere we could lie low for a day or two.

  After finally crossing the Russian border, we are now in Germany. I look down to the clock in the car and it reads 1:28. I sigh and look over to Rose and Anastasia who are passed out. I pull over to a gas station and fill up the car. Using my powers, I make the camera's black out and make my way into the building.

  "Hello miss," the front desk guy greets in German.

  I respond with a nod and go down the isles. Finally, I find what I came here for, hair die. I grab a red, and a brown color. I go into the first aid section and grab one of the boxes and head to the check out line. I place the items on the cart and and check out, making my way back to the car. I take out the nozzle and drive off. After driving a little bit further, I spot a motel.

  I pull into a spot and wake up the girls.

  "Hey, wake up. I found a place for us to stay," I tell them. They both wake up and we make our way into the check in building. As we walk in, the place smells of cigarette and burnt coffee. The lady at the front desk was old and unappealing. She was old and had bags under her eyes. She was hunched over in her chair with a cigarette in hand.

  "Can I help you?" She asks in German. She sounded like she smoked eight packs a day.

  "One room please."

  "Two beds?"

  I nod my head and she heads over to grab a key. She slides it through the window and goes back to her desk.

  "What are you waiting here for? Go to bed, damn kids staying up all late and what not," she mumbles to herself.

  We walk out of the building and find our room. As we're walking, Rose asks a questions.

  "Did we not pay?"

  "Nope."

  "Why?" She asks.

  "Cause she's an old German lady. Germans suck."

  "No they don't, not all of them," she says.

  "All Germans I've met do. Ivan, Red Skull. Are you not aware of World War Two?"

  "No I know but, it can't be that bad."

  "Whatever."

  We stop at our room, immediately I unlock it and Rose, carrying an unconscious Anastasia are the first to walk in. Rose lays her on the bed and tucks her in.

  "You take the other bed," I command.

  "But what about you?" She asks.

  "I'm not sleeping. Just go to bed, tomorrows going to be a long day."

  Once both of them are asleep I head back out to the car to grab the bag from the gas station. Just for the heck of it, I open the back of the trunk and find a duffle bag. I smile to myself and take it. I head into the bathroom, setting down the hand gun and knife on the bathroom sink. I grab the first aid kit and open it up. I pull off my shirt and take a seat on the toilet lid.

  I grab some sterilizing powder and rip it open. I dump the powder on the wound and let out a slight hiss. I then go back into the kit and pull out some gauze and tape. Once I'm done patching myself up, I open up the duffle bag. In it, were cloths, a hand gun with seven boxes of amo, and a wig. What weirded me out was the wig. It was a long blond wig. Who the hell was that man? It didn't matter cause he just saved my life.

Since both Anastasia and Rose are pure blond, the diy will work for them, but since my hair is still black from Hydra, there's no dying it. My natural color was starting to come back in, but nope, those motherfuckers decided to diy it once more. Shit heads.

I grab out a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of black jeans and slip them on. I wrap the belt around my wait, making sure that they won't fall down on me. I grab the gun that I stole from the soldier and place it in the back of my pants. I grab the knife and place it in the pocket.

I grab the duffle bag and place it in the corner. There was nothing in this room. Two queen beds and a bathroom. No tv or nothing. So, I take a seat in front of the door and watch it till morning. The entire night, I wanted nothing more than to doze off, but I knew that if I did that, then I wouldn't wake up the same. And that shit scared me enough to keep me up. So that's what I did, I stayed up and guarded the door, making sure to keep the girls safe.