Chapter 1: Tayo

#DS8Uncovered #LuMa #BearCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER ONE: TAYO

LUNA'S POV

Binaba ko ang hawak ko na mga papel at pinakatitigan ko ang babae na nakaupo sa harapan ko. Unlike those who have worked for me before and know how I work, this person doesn't look nervous. In fact, she looks proud and confident.

Sabi nga nila, ignorance is bliss. She doesn't know me, so she has the liberty of enjoying this moment when most would be sweating buckets.

I have been a writer for most of my life. A journalist. I've tried different fields, though I always knew that I loved fashion. Bata pa lang ako ay kikay na ako. But I wanted to explore first, so I did. I bottled up every experience I had until, from being a journalist, I became an editor-in-chief.

I've been in the newly named Maven for a long time now. A few years ago, I became a co-owner of the company. And more things are underway. I wouldn't be here now if not for the people who guided me to become who I am now. But most importantly, I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't commit to pursuing growth every chance I get. All those gruelling hours, the exhaustion, the times I needed to steel my spine and carry on even though I wanted to do the opposite, the failures, and all the times I stood back up—those are what contributed to where I'm standing at this very moment.

Confidence is a great weapon for achieving things. But achieving great things could be stunted when skills are not on par with confidence. Too much confidence, and you'll have a person who's resistant to change because she thinks she's already perfect.

"How many days did it take you to write this?" I asked.

"Four days, ma'am."

Tumango-tango ako at muli kong pinasadahan ang unang pahina ng sampung pahinang printed article na binigay niya sa akin. "And this is for the company website?" Hindi ko siya hinintay na sumagot at nagpatuloy ako, "Are you perhaps mistaken in giving this to me?"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "That's the correct one. I double checked—"

"And yet I can still see a lot of errors."

Her face flushed a bit. "My editor said I should go straight to you. I already passed that on to her, but she didn't do anything, so I thought everything was good to go."

"Crystal told you to go to me because this isn't the first time that this has happened." Ibinaba ko ang mga papel sa lamesa. "You've been here in Maven for a month. You've given a total of three articles aside from this. Have you checked what happened to those articles?"

"I—"

"The editors are not your editors. They are the company's editors. Yes, they are responsible for making sure of the quality of the writers' contents, but they don't work below you. They work alongside you." Itinuro ko ang article niya. "But even with editors, as a writer, you're responsible for writing content that meets the standards."