Chapter 5: Resilient

#DS8Uncovered #LuMa #BearCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 5: RESILIENT

LUNA'S POV

Gumapang ang kilabot sa akin at kaagad kong ipinasok sa ignition ang susi para paandarin sana iyon. I was about to turn it when I stopped. Damn it.

I took in a huge breath and let it out slowly. I rarely panic, but if there's a time to start, now is not the right time.

I quickly pressed the button that would manually lock the doors without turning on the engine. I reached for my phone to press the speed dial. I turned the loudspeaker on, and then I opened the glove compartment. May kinuha ako mula sa loob niyon.

A male voice could be heard on my phone. "Please provide the location and nature of your emergency."

I would have called my brothers, but I don't know where they are or the status of their availability. I don't have the leisure of time to call them one by one.

I was the only Dawson not working for the company. While they forced me to learn self-defense, which I never used or thought of using, I am not trained like them. So they made sure that I had a line on the speed dial that was specifically made for emergencies.

"I'm in the basement of Maven. The old building. I'm inside my car. I have a reason to think that it might have been compromised. I'm not sure if this is the targeted car of the man I just saw since there's two other cars here, but I don't want to find out if I'm right."

I'm rambling, but I couldn't help it. I wondered before what I would have done if I were in a situation that required me to protect myself. The life of a journalist isn't exactly peaceful, even if I'm in the fashion industry.

My association with Dagger alone puts me in a possibility of danger, but I can't say that there's no one out there that I have pissed off because of the things I've said and written.

I know that if I'm attacked, I won't just stay still and do nothing. Even if I have a low chance of winning. But I haven't really thought about what I would do if I were facing something more extreme. Like the first thought that came to mind when I was about to turn on the ignition.

A bomb.

"Are there any nearby secure locations you could move to, away from potentially compromised vehicles?"

"I don't think I can go back inside the building. He's in there."

I could hear typing on the other line. "I'm patching you up with Sir Axel. Hang tight. Help is on the way."

There was a click, and before I could even speak, I heard my brother's voice. I'm used to his calm and gentle voice, but this time I could hear the edge on it as if he were trying to contain himself.