Chapter 6: They are Coming

He was running through the woods, the muted green trees mere blurs beside him. He was surrounded on all sides by jet-black shadows, shadows chasing him. He ran as fast as he could.

His heart was racing, he could feel it in his throat. His legs were burning but he powered through, pushing them to move as fast as they could.

He knew he was somewhere near the Hale house, or at least he hoped. 

"Derek" Stiles called out.
"Derek!" He screamed.

He had nowhere to go, he couldn't run forever. The forest was never ending, a never ending plane of whipping branches and shadows. It was the huge grey boulder that appeared from nowhere that had Stiles stopping in his tracks. He spun around. 

They walked towards him, their faces shrouded behind the darkness. There must have been at least twenty. Nothing of them was visible save the glinting of their teeth as their smiles spread across their dark faces. He saw a shimmer of silver in the moonlight reveal itself from under their shadows.

It was too late when Stiles realised what it was, the blade had been thrust forward-

The shrill screech of Stiles alarm clock had him jolting up in bed, his vision blurred as his eyes focused.

He sat bolt upright for minutes, just staring at his bedroom door, waiting, for what? he had no clue.

'It was just a bad dream Stiles, shake it off' he said to himself.

He flung his legs over the side of his bed, his feet warm against the cold, wooden floor boards.

It was Tuesday, nothing ever exciting happens on a Tuesday. Except for this Tuesday. Stiles was going to see Derek after school today.

They were going to be talking about the safety of the entire town and life or death situations, things vastly more important than what Stiles was actually worrying about, what he was going to wear.

He gave himself a final once over in the mirror. He had aimed to look at least half decent. He sighed, this was the best it was going to get, his favourite flannel and worn jeans.

He lifted his pre-packed school bag and placed it on his shoulder. At the bottom of the stairs, he dropped it, ready for when he left.

He didn't feel much like breakfast this morning, which was strange enough in itself, Stiles couldn't remember the last time he hadn't wanted to eat. He hugged his dad good morning and then hugged him goodbye.

He was surprised when he turned up at school to not see Scott standing waiting for him.

Stiles figured he must be by his locker.

He pushed his way through several groups of uniform clad teenage girls, who thoroughly examined him from head to toe, it made Stiles sick. He knew he was considered 'conventionally attractive' but he hated it when he was reminded.

When he reached the hallway to his and Scott's locker he saw Allison, Lydia and Scott huddled together, whispering.

He saw Allison jump up and down, clapping her hands in excitement. What could she possibly be so excited about?

When they saw him walking towards them, they fell absolutely silent. Stiles reached the group and they stood in silence for a few seconds. Lydia's mouth in a thin line like she was forcing herself to hold something in.

Stiles was just about to speak when Allison flung her arms around Stiles' neck and congratulated him.

"Your first boy crush!" she said in an excited whisper.