Chapter 8: Cuddling

Stiles had barely moved since he'd gotten home. He sat in the middle of his bed with his legs crossed, his hands folded in his lap and a ludicrous smile plastered on his face.

He couldn't believe what had just happened. This was all so new to him but he was one hundred percent sure it was not supposed to be as good as that. It was like this feeling had been released. This feeling he'd never quite been able to place finally became identifiable.

It was this feeling of belonging like he was being pulled to Derek and this tugging feeling had finally subsided after 18 years.

His brain was replaying it so vividly it was as if it was actually happening. Now all he could do was anticipate the next time they would be together.

_

The next day Derek had finally grown a pair and decided to go and explain what had happened, to Scott, not to Stiles.

He'd always hated hospitals. Whether that stemmed from his traumatic and fruitless visits to his uncle or just the stench of death, he would never know, but he hated them.

He kept his head down as he weaved his way through the corridors to find Scott's room Once he had located it, he just stood outside the door, clenching and unclenching his fists.

He couldn't do this, he went to turn away, to leave, but the image of Stiles from last night flashed in front of him. He had looked so hurt, so broken.

Derek swivelled back round and pushed into the room before he could change his mind. Scott was sitting up, reading a book.

He was purple with bruises and swollen with cuts, never had Scott looked so feeble.

"Hi" Scott said, placing the book in his lap, 'I know it wasn't your fault Derek, so don't worry about it."

He shuffled around Scott's room and pulled up a chair next to the bed. "Thanks but that's not what i'm here for."

"Oh right, I hoped I wouldn't have to talk about this, Stiles told me about your little, you know, last night. If I wasn't so grossed out by the idea i'd probably be rooting for you two. I doubt I have to go through the 'If You Hurt Him, Ill Kill You Speech' but if you do, I will" Scott's expression was stern now.

"Yeah like you could take me anyway."

Scott's glare become stronger, "Ok, message received" Derek said raising his hands in a mock surrender, "but thats also not why I'm here." he continued, pathetically trying to string his words together to make some sort of coherent sentence. "Look, I need to tell you something, Stiles asked me to tell you because I couldn't, I wouldn't, tell him."

Scott looked on at Derek expectantly, his large brown eyes looked as innocent as ever, despite what he'd been through.

Derek took one long steadying breath and then began. "Stiles was always up by Hale Manor, we would catch him all the time. He never listened to our warnings to stay away. Mum was mostly worried he'd trip and hit his head and be left out in the woods. Anyway, it got to the point where I would, you know, like actively seek him out, I told myself it was to check he wasn't there, or to tell him to go home if he was. Truthfully though, I was drawn to him. There was just, just something, I still don't know what it is. My mother could see it."

He took another breath and rubbed his hands down his face. "This is where it gets weird. Me and Stiles, we, we're supposed to be together." Derek stopped talking hoping Scott had understood and he wouldn't have to elaborate.

"That's sweet I guess? That you feel that way so early on." Scott looked perplexed.

"No, no I don't mean it like that, I mean like cosmically, fate?" He groaned, the awkwardness off the conversation was exacerbated by the expression on Dereks face. "It has been said, by people, seers or whatever, the pairing of a Hale and a Human will be the strongest of bonds, it's an unstoppable pairing that will bring peace. I was the only one to ever show an interest in a human-" Derek was cut off by Scott.