• 13 •

• Lilliana •

Stefano smirks.

     "It's not funny."

     "I'm not laughing."

     "You're smiling."

     "I'm not." He says, even as he begins to again. "It's just so.. yellow."

     I look down at it. I'm trying to pick out a dress for the charity gala thing next week, but from what I already have.

     "This is the last one." I frown.

     "Kai already said he'd take you to get something." He says as I sit down.

     "He's busy all this week."

     "How do you know?"

     I roll my eyes. "I do his schedule."

     "Right." He smirks. "Get someone else to take you. Or just learn to drive."

     "I tried ages ago. I crashed the car." I mumble.

     He laughs. "Really?"

     "Yeah."

"One of our runners did that before." He says absentmindedly.

I smile, but then pause. "Runners?"

"What?"

"Runners? As in, like, drug runners?" I laugh.

"No, of course not." He says quickly. "We'll go tomorrow after work." He stands and walks out, and I furrow my eyebrows as I follow after him.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He turns back to me. "Nothing. I just have work to do." He presses a short kiss on my lips before walking off. I sigh and go up to my room.

What just happened?

A few hours later, I'm brushing my teeth when Stefano comes up behind me. He smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist, leaning down to kiss my neck. "Come stay with me." He says. He reaches his arm down, pushing it under the hem of my pants. I pull his hand away and he frowns.

"I'm not in the mood."

"What?"

"I'm tired."

"Alright, come sleep in my room then. I like having you there." He turns me around and tilts his head, setting his hand on my cheek.

"Okay." I sigh.

He smiles and wraps an arm around my waist. He takes me into his room and guides me over to the bed. He gets in next to me.

"You sure you're not in the mood?" He asks.

"Mhm."