• 18 •

• Lilliana •

Stefano strokes my cheek, like I'm a dog. I don't stop him, because I don't feel like arguing with him, and it's not that bad. It's kind of relaxing, actually. I just sit there, my head on his thigh. My eyes are closed and I'm taking the opportunity to rest them.

     I must sit here for hours, quiet and docile, until my bladder starts acting up. I shift uncomfortably, and after a few minutes he looks down at me. "What's wrong with you?"

     "I need the toilet."

     He sighs and takes his hand away. I sit up.

     "Go and come straight back." He orders.

     "Okay." I say as I stand. I walk out of the room, then close the door gently. I lean on the wall behind me and exhale a calming breath.

     I let myself stay there for a few moments before continuing on to the bathroom. When I get to it, I close the door and lock it, then go over to the sink. I turn the cold tap on and splash my face with water before using the toilet.

I leave and walk back to his office slowly. When I get there, I open the door, but he isn't there anymore.

     "Stefano?" I say loudly.

     I step back out of the room, part of me becoming relieved he isn't here. I walk down the hall, pausing when I hear a small meow.

     I snap my head behind me, grinning when I see my cat there. I rush over to her, and she nuzzles against my leg as I crouch down.

     "I'm so glad you're okay." I say.

     "What, did you think we'd kill it?"

     I startle, spinning around and standing at the same time. I step back, and he narrows his eyes.

     "Did I not tell you to go straight back to my office when you were done?" He asks.

     "You weren't there." I say defensively.

     "Then you should've waited." He responds.

     "But—"

     He reaches out and grabs the collar, yanking me towards him. My eyes widen. I press my palms against his chest to keep myself as far from him as I'm able to.

     "When I, or any of us, tell you to do something, you do it. Understand?"

     "I just.."

     "You just what?"

     "Nothing." I say.

     He rolls his eyes. "Go to my room and actually wait there." He orders.

     He lets go of me, and I back away. I look down at my cat before walking in the direction of his room.

     My eyes begin to water on the way there, and a few tears fall. I swipe them away quickly as I enter his room.

     I sit on the bed, wrapping my arms around my stomach. It seems like hours pass before Stefano walks in. "Stand up." He says.