Chapter 8- Internship

After denying the internship for Stark Industries, Peter had to start dodging Tony. He would show up at Peter's school to 'give him a ride home' when in reality he just wanted to berate Peter trying to get him to change his mind. 

Peter only made the mistake of taking the ride offer once after that. 

But Peter stood his ground, he ignored the texts and calls. He even started to run home after school, taking different paths, so Stark couldn't catch him to talk.

But soon enough Peter found himself in need to Tony. 

"What? More shifts? Headmistress you can't keep working yourself like this." Peter said. 

The headmistress had been working herself to the bone, trying to up keep the amount of kids currently in her home. The government only gives so much money, and she was determined to give the kids a good home, and that cost money. 

"I'm sorry peter, but you know the rent went up. We were barely making ends meet as it is. I'm going to have to work every shift I can." Headmistress Bea said reluctantly. 

"Well, what if I?" Peter started but was cut off.

"No, peter. You're not getting a full-time job. You work enough helping out 'round here and  contributing what you already do." Ms. Bea said.

Peter knew Ms. Bea couldn't keep working like she was, she'd already collapsed once doing the amount of shifts she did before. 

Peter needed to come up with an idea to earn money without letting his her know he has a job. So now where around queens, wouldn't she find out. 

Peter then started to think aloud, "Delmar's? No too personal, I work there enough as it is, god I wish I was a billionaire- Stark."

Peter found his solution, well maybe. So the next day after school he didn't run he actually went to the black car parked at the gate. 

"Hey, Mr. Stark" Tony was surprised. 

"Hey, kid. Whatcha doing?" 

"Hey, can we go for a drive?" Peter asked. 

Tony just nodded and told happy to drive anywhere. "So, what do you want to talk about?" Then Peter shyly looked down. 

"You know the internship you offered me?" Peter asked. 

Stark chuckled, "Of course"

"Well, I denied right? But, Maybe I will do it after all." Peter said. 

"Great! I-" But Peter cut Tony off before he could say anything. 

"But I have a request." Peter said making Stark to turn his head in confusion then smile. 

"Shoot kid, tell me this 'condition' you have." Tony said smugly.

"So, you want to be paid? For the internship?" Stark asked. 

"Yes, frankly we need the money at home right now. Plus the headmistress won't let me get a job. But if it's a paid internship at SI...well you get the idea." Peter explained. 

"Well that will be easy! Honestly I was going to give up on trying to get you to work with me. You kept dodging me so I figured..." Stark said.

"Oh, yeah. I'm only doing this because I need money. If I had it my way, I'd never have to sit in a room with you again. No offense." Peter said. 

"What did I do to give you such a bad impression?" Stark asked frowning. 

"Its not that simple Mr. Stark. It's not that I don't like you, or the avengers. I just don't want to be apart of your world. I've lost a lot Mr. Stark. This would..." Peter softened.