Chapter 24 - The Past Does Not Dictate The Future

Peter could not get Deadpool out of his mind. Every time he closed his eyes he could still see the man stepping closer to him. 

Now don't get Peter wrong, this isn't a matter of him sorting out his sexuality, he already knew he was bisexual. 

When you like Elizabeth Swan AND Will Turner, you kind of realize a thing or two about yourself. 

No, it wasn't an issue of having confusing feelings for a man, it was having confusing feelings over a certain man. 

Deadpool. 

Wade.

Nevertheless, he barely knew anything about the man at all. Just that he was a ruthless killer, an ex-mercenary, someone who took blood money.

But he had changed! He was doing better, in almost the 4 months of them becoming friends or at the very least being in contact the other hadn't gone on a single job!

Unless you are the job.

But how was he supposed to feel about the man! They had become somewhat close friends. Even though they truly didn't know much about each other.

But the man had sounded so caring when talking with him about the nightmares...maybe he did truly care for him. He certainly flirted enough to make it seem so.

But maybe that was just how he was! He also didn't know Peter was so young, he would never have begun to do that in the first place is he knew. 

And the man had to be at least a decade older than him! He was only 18! Turning 19 in a few days but it didn't matter! The man would never go for someone so young. 

Not if he knew his true age. 

Besides, he only knew Spider-Man, the hero. Peter Parker was nothing like who he was as Spduier0-Man and Deadpool would never like someone like Peter Parker.

Why was he even trying to come up with excuses in the first place! He shouldn't be having feelings for anyone at all! 

Its too dangerous...but Deadpool couldn't die even if anyone tried... 

Peter snapped himself out of his weird trance like state within his own head as the subway came to a stop. 

Peter stepped out and made his way towards the tower. He had agreed to finally go to the tower and spend a few hours in the lab with Tony.

He explicitly said he wouldn't run into any of the others on his way and they wouldn't even be told he was there. 

Not even Steve knew for the time being. 

On that front Steve and Peter had a few lunches since the last. They weren't exactly close, but just going for a walk with the man and having light conversation was enough to reacquaint the two. 

The others desperately wanted to be the next to reconnect, and Peter had chosen Bruce as the next to reach out too. 

He just wanted a few moments with each before being bombarded with them all being together again. 

So when he would be comfortable in lab with Tony, after maybe a few hours, he would call Bruce in. They could reconnect in the environment they had spent the most time in together before.

Peter walked up to the tower and through the doors, flashing a special badge Tony had made for him as he walked to the private elevator.

Friday took him straight to the lab and as he walked down the hall to the lab doors Peter felt a sense of home again. Like he was walking into what once was such a source of hearth.