Chapter 21- Reunited?

It wasn't that Peter was avoiding Deadpool, well he was, but he had genuinely been busy. He hadn't been out to patrol in a whole week, something that hadn't happened since he was still in school. 

He missed it, of course he did. But at the same time it was a perfect way to avoid Deadpool in its entirety.

He had just been busy preparing, his boss, J. Jonah Jameson had called him into his office a few days prior. 

In not so many bad words or raised voices, his current photographer was in a car crash and would be stuck in the hospital for awhile and he needed someone to cover for him.

Most of the freelancers were sent out to do one of his assignments, Peter was no different.

He just got hit with a stroke of Parker luck concerning the assignment. Avengers tower, an avengers gala with a bunch of military people. 

In the words of Jameson, "You take enough pictures of that masked menace, you're the best suited to handle all those powered people in one place." 

Of course Peter would get the Avengers assignment. 

So there Peter was, making sure he had a suit, a passable one at least, and preparing himself for seeing the Avengers again. 

He had given Tony permission to tell the others that they had reconnected, but he still wasn't ready to see them again. At least this would be in an official capacity. 

Peter wasn't sure they even knew what he was doing lately, whether Tony had told them about him being on his own or what he did for work. 

Peter had told Tony he was a photographer, if he left out for which newspaper it was a total accident...totally. Tony had promised not to look into his work, a boundary that was respected. 

The rest of the Avengers probably knew just about nothing about his current life. Just that he and Tony met once a week or every other week to visit for an hour or so. 

He wondered if after Tony's reveal of where he was going if Steve spoke to him letting him or the others know he had actually seen Peter once too. 

Tony still didn't know Peter was even going to be there, he had decided to let it be a surprise. For all of them. They'd be seeing him in a professional capacity after all. 

Maybe that wasn't the best way to be seeing them all again for the first time, but it would give Peter an easy out from talking to any of them for too long, needing to get pictures of everyone and all that. 

It was daunting for Peter, he hadn't seen most of them since that stupid day. Even as Spider-Man he hadn't seen any of them, he kind of actively avoided them actually. 

He was sure they would be happy to see him, most of them anyways. Natasha would probably be the only one not too happy to see him again. 

Nevertheless, Peter was preparing himself for seeing them all again, worst case he could stick to Tony's side all night anyhow. 

But that was still a week away, and that night, Peter was finally putting the costume back on again. 

Hoping he wouldn't run into Deadpool at all. He didn't know how he could face him after everything he learned. 

But of course, when could anything ever go his way. Within 30 minutes of swinging he heard someone screaming his name, waving around like a maniac. 

Of course it just had to be Deadpool, he just swung by, giving a half assed wave and continuing on, hoping he got the hint that he wasn't up for company that night.