Destroying The Stone

The door bursts open, and in came Amanda, Derek, and Paul. "There she is!" Said Amanda. Derek rushes over to his unconscious wife and starts shaking her. "Odette!! Odette, wake up!!!" He cried. "She can't, Derek!" Said Alex. "Why not? What's wrong with her?" Asked Derek worriedly. "Guys, maybe we should start from the beginning." Said Max. "Good idea." Said Justin. "Something tells me we should brace ourselves." Said Paul.

"Indeed you should." Amanda said. "If you don't mind, get to the point." Derek said. "But..." Max began. "Let's just tell him." Alex said. "Alright then. Derek, your wife's soul is trapped in another realm." Justin said. Derek gasps. "How did this happen?!" He asked in shock.

Amanda pulls the stone out of her dress pocket. "Because of this." She said. "Where did that come from?" Paul asked. "I found it in the grass at the park while Odette and I were on our sisterly walk." Said Amanda.

Derek was about to reach for the stone. "Don't touch it!!" Cried Justin. "Yeah, bro, I wouldn't risk touching the stone when it's in someone else's hands." Amanda said. "I don't understand." Said Derek. "When I was gonna hand the stone to Odette so she could look at it, some random jolting occurred and we wound up switching bodies." Said Amanda. "Isn't that kinda like what happened while Anton and Ember were causing trouble?" Asked Paul. "Yes, but they tricked Derek and Odette into switching bodies. This one was by accident." Said Max. "As it turns out, the stone is cursed. We need to destroy it." Said Alex.

"Derek, it's you!" Said Odette, who still looks like a ghost. "Odette? Was that you I just heard talking?" Derek asked. "I'm not in my body, darling. I'm behind you." Odette said. But when Derek looked behind him, Odette wasn't there. "Impossible! I can hear you, but I don't see you!" Cried Derek. "But the Russos can see me! Why can't you?" Asked Odette. "Maybe it's because you're only visible to magic people." Max said. "Derek and Paul are the only ones here who are mortal, so maybe that's why they can't see you." Alex said. "But how are we gonna get you out of that other realm?" Justin asked.

Amanda suddenly remembers. "Wait a minute, I can make invisible objects visible with a single touch so everyone can see the things only I could!" She said. "You can?" Derek asked. "Observe." Amanda said. She touches her ghostly sister, but although Odette still looks like an apparition, she's now visible to her husband, brother in-law, and their friends. "Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I'd never see you again." Said Derek as he sighed with relief.

"Guys, there's still hope!" Said Alex excitedly. "There is?" Odette asked. Alex nods with a smile. "I read somewhere that whoever retains the stone has control." She said. "So in this case, Amanda. She's the one who found the stone to begin with." Said Justin. "But what does this have to do with Odette's soul being trapped in another realm?" Asked Derek. "Hang on, I think I know what it means." Said Paul. "You do, Paul?" Asked Max.

Paul nods. "If Amanda destroys the stone, Odette's soul will go back into her body." He said. "That doesn't make sense." Derek said. "Actually, Derek, it does." Justin said. "How?" Asked Derek. "The stone might be a gateway to the other realm Odette is trapped in. If we destroy it, she'll be free." Max said. "Bingo!" Alex said.

"There are a few things I'd like to say to the stone before I destroy it, even though it can't talk back." Said Amanda. "Give it what for while you're at it." Said Max. Amanda nods to the youngest Russo before raising the stone above her head. "Labradorite, give me my sister back!" Amanda said angrily.

With all her might, the young swan princess throws the stone to the ground as it smashes into bits. A bright white flash occurs during the destruction of the stone, causing everyone in the room to shield their eyes.