Chapter 2- Nico's P.O.V.

Nico's P.O.V.

-Saturday-

I look up at Will when he comes over to me. It's dinner time, and I'm sitting with a notebook and a pencil, pretending to take notes or something but really just doodling randomly. Whatever keeps me looking busy.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him.

"Come sit with us~" He offers, holding a hand out to me. "I miss you."

"You miss me? We were just hanging out twenty minutes ago and within the next hour we'll be hanging out again."

"I know! A whole hour without you?! I can't do it." He says dramatically.

"We're not allowed to sit at each other's tables." I remind him.

I don't know why I bother staying here during all of this. I'm not eating anything anyway.

That's probably what he's getting at anyway, luring me over then force-feeding me. Can't he tell I'm busy?

"So what? None of the camp directors are here. Aren't you the one that doesn't care about rules?" He smiles.

"Am I?"

Sounds like Percy...then again, where did I get my nerve from? He's the one who showed me how to break rules and cause good chaos.

"I'd say so. You can come doodle over here, if that's what you're doing." He says, looking at my notebook.

"...I'm making notes." I close it quickly.

"On what?"

"Fighting...stuff."

"You're making combat notes?" He asks skeptically.

"Yes. I figured I need to improve."

"Hmm. Are you too busy to come sit with me then?" He asks, basically pleading with me with his expression.

"No. But I don't want to do it if it's just a ploy."

"It's not. I really do miss you." He assures me. "There's no pressure, I just want you to hang out."

I grab my notebook and my pen. "Yeah, fine. I'll sit with you."

I want to anyway. This is so boring.

"Awesome! We're having pasta and discussing very very important topics."

"Very important how?"

"We're trying to put the best Star Wars movies in order, and are obviously arguing about it."

"Oh gods. Why do I need to be there for that?"

"Don't you want to witness the chaos?"

"I want to witness the most chaos." I decide. I'm not sure if that's true. I wish everyone talked about the stuff I liked, but I completely understand why they don't want to, since gods and monsters are sore subjects here.

"Well, lucky you!" He says before sitting down at the lunch table. He pats the open seat beside me, across from Austin and Kayla.

I sit with them. I set my notebook on the table immediately and open to a blank page.

"Ooh, you guys actually did it." Austin says.

"I feel so scandalous." Will chuckles.

"I don't want to cause waves for no reason though." I say. Again, not entirely my thing.

"If they call us out you can always go back." Will says.

"They shouldn't make you sit alone anyway." Kayla frowns. "It's not right."