Chapter 9-Nico's P.O.V.

Chapter 9--

Nico's P.O.V.

-Saturday-

I lean on my counter.

I'm all wobbly today. It makes sense with how I've been lately, but it's a shame because I don't feel particularly bad today other than being exhausted.

For the past week, I've been out searching for whatever saved me from that giant animal that attacked me. I've been doing this by fighting as much as possible and also letting myself seem vulnerable, in hopes that I'm still being watched and protected. Nothing has come up though. I've just gotten injured a lot.

Luckily for me, I have a boyfriend who is a doctor. It isn't hard for me to get healed. I don't always want to tell him about everything though.

I get a chocolate chip granola bar out of the fridge — they're lightweight and easy to eat quickly, that's why Will put them in here. I have constant access to them, and as he said, they're non-perishables that might be a good start to keep on hand. A good reason to use my 'mini fridge' thing.

He's right. They have been; I've caught myself having one every day this week. They're also surprisingly good cold.

I open it and take a bite, putting my hand right back on the counter to keep myself upright. The room is spinning.

It would be nice if Will was here. He could tell me why my body is so against me for no reason today (okay, so I have been fighting non-stop, and letting myself get hurt, and shadow-traveling...)

Blinking a few times, I refocus myself. Will. Somehow, despite all the problems we've had lately, we just keep getting more comfortable and relaxed around each other. He is becoming increasingly more attractive in my eyes as I learn more about him. I've seen him get aggressive, stubborn, and kind of feisty by now. I never expected that from him.

Jokes aside, he's pretty hot (not to make a joke anyway, but just like his father). I could see myself with him for a long time and I don't want to push him away as much as I usually do. He seems like he'll stick around.

I take another bite, and I don't have much more time to think about Will, because he opens my door and comes into my cabin wordlessly.

"Did I summon you?" I chuckle, staring over at him.

He turns and his eyes meet mine. He has some medical supplies with him. Looks like crutches and ice packs. The ice might be for packing lunches, but I doubt it.

He smiles. "Why, were you thinking about me?"

"I was," I gesture to him with my cold granola bar, "And here you are."

"Here I am. Good granola bar?" He asks, trying to seem casual as he closes the cabin door.

I clench my jaw for a moment. He doesn't want to point it out, does it? He doesn't want to praise me and act like I'm doing something special, because inevitably praise feels like shame.

"...Yeah. Cold." I add.

"Are they good that way?" He asks as he fully steps in, shifting the stuff in his hands.

"Yeah, I'll grab you one. What are you doing?" I ask as I lean over to get another granola bar out. Slow and steady.

"That sounds good, thanks. I brought you some things that might be nice to keep here, if you end up liking them. Ice packs, they'll fit in the little freezer you've got in the mini-fridge and if you're willing to try them out, some hand crutches." He holds the crutches up.