Chapter 3- Will's P.O.V.

Will's P.O.V.

-Sunday-

The Apollo cabin was a MESS when I left it, everyone running in circles trying to get ready for the event that started already. It's not something you need to be... on time for. Considering we're a group of kids with ADHD, I doubt anyone in the camp will be on time.

So that's why I'm very glad I told Nico I'd meet him at his cabin and we'd walk over together... and I got him and me these boutonnieres, that's what they called them... I just went with the red roses, they were the simplest.

When I knock on the door to the Hades cabin, he answers it. And my gods does he look good. I take a second to look him over, the both of us just staring for a moment.

We did just get him a traditional black suit jacket and white button-up, and it works so well for him. The jacket fits in a bit of a baggy way, but it still fits, and looks really good. He's got his hair somewhat out of his face, and has his black boots and plain black jeans on. This is a semi-formal, after all.

"Hi~" I grin at him, unable to stop myself. Don't glow... don't glow...

"Hi, you're glowing." He tells me.

I smack my forehead dramatically. "Really? I was focusing on not glowing." I complain.

"You focused too much." He laughs, holding his hand out to me.

I take it, squeezing it. "Wait. I got us something..."

I show him the two boutonnieres I'm carrying with me. "Everyone's buying them off the Dryads. Goes to a good cause."

"What cause?"

"Uh... I think it was tree rot prevention?" I question, not really remembering. "One of the Demeter kids went OFF about it, they were really passionate."

"They always are. It's awesome," He says, "Put it on then."

I let go of him and step closer, carefully pinning it to the lapel of his jacket. "...There. You look amazing, by the way."

"I do? I feel out of place already. You look perfect."

I smooth down my tie before handing him my boutonniere. "Thanks. Clip this on me? You won't look out of place, you look great, really. Fully the reason I'm glowing."

"Fair warning, I don't know how to do this." He says, adjusting to hold the front of my shirt lightly.

"Planning on poking me?" I ask as I look down, watching his hands.

He manages to get it pinned on. "More likely to stab myself with it."

"Lucky for you, I'd be able to help, y'know, since you'd be so wounded." I tell him, taking his hand and examining it dramatically, making sure he didn't poke himself.

"Yes, ouch. No, getting stabbed would probably put a damper on the whole day."

"Fingers crossed I don't have to handle that for anyone tonight." I say, just holding his hand again instead of mock examining it. "...Are you ready, then?"

"Oh. Yeah, of course." He holds my hand tighter, "Did I do that right then?"

I can't believe he's willing to do this for me, he's such a sweetheart. Even if we only stay for a bit, I'm so happy we're going.

I process what he said then look down at the flower. It looks fine, it's pretty difficult to mess up a pin.

"Of course you did, it looks good."

"You look so good." He says.

"You're going to make me glow again if you're not careful." I warn him.

I don't think I'm usually UNHAPPY, but I think this might be the happiest I've ever been. If I'm not careful I'll blind EVERYONE. Which is not the goal.