Chapter 6- Nico's P.O.V.

Chapter 6 --

Nico's P.O.V.

-Wednesday-

For a little while, I let myself be alone. I slept against a tree, in a wooded area nowhere near New York. After resting and regaining my physical and mental stability, I've come to Camp Jupiter. It only took ten hours of recovery before I could get myself here, so clearly there is no reason for Will to worry about my shadow-traveling.

I keep myself silent when I remember I'm in the barracks where everyone is sleeping. For some reason, my first instinct was to start yelling for help. I don't even need help, I don't know what I need.

I cover my mouth with my hand to keep myself from panting and making noise. It doesn't take me long at all to find Hazel. Luckily, she is at this camp 24/7.

As soon as I spot her, I go straight to her. "Hazel!" I whisper-yell, crouching down by her bed. I'm tired, but I can keep myself upright for the most part. It was shadow-traveling with Will that wore me out, more than anything. Especially since I got so wildly upset.

She opens her eyes and sits up a bit, looking at me with wide eyes. "...? Nico? What's going on?"

I sigh deeply, trying to catch my breath in a not noisy way. "I'm fine." I say firstly, so she doesn't think there are any problems.

"Okay, good, should we step out and talk...?" She sits up fully, rubbing her eyes.

"We should." I confirm.

She gets up, standing beside me. "Do you want some help...?"

"...Yeah." I manage. I don't know how much she can help me.

She wraps an arm around my waist and hoists me to my feet beside her. "Lean on me, we'll head out of here." She says softly.

She's like, the only person I know who I'm taller than. I lean on her either way and she walks me outside. We're quiet enough that no one gets up and bothers us, but I do see some people peeking out from under their covers and glancing at us worriedly.

The door creaks a bit when it opens, but again, no one gets up. Maybe no one wants to get involved if there's a risk of danger, and they don't know what we're doing but they're assuming it is dangerous. We go outside, and once the door is shut, I sigh again.

"Sorry, I just..." I pause, thinking about what I want to say, for once, "...left Will."

"Left Will?" She asks, guiding me over to a set of chairs on the porch.

"Yeah. There was this kid who was making fun of us, and then he kind of started harassing us, and Will punched him...?"

"Will did? Really?"

"Yeah! It was terrifying." I stare off into the distance. No one is out here...we're safe.

"Here, sit down and we'll talk about it more." She says as she guides me to one of the seats.

"Thanks, sorry. I should have come here first, probably."

I forgot there are people here who could help me. I wanted to be alone anyway. It's just that being unconscious for hours at a time, on the ground in a random place, by myself...not the best idea.

"You went somewhere else before this?" She asks me, sitting down in the other seat.

"I was just sleeping...somewhere, in the woods."

"Oh my gods. Just come here next time." She agrees. "I'm glad you're okay... maybe you should start from the beginning and tell me about it, if you're willing?"