4. Fahad meets Ramsha

بسم اللّٰہ الرحمٰن الرحیم

Allah says in Qur'an:
"Kind words and forgiving of faults are better than charity followed by injury. And Allah is Free of need and Forbearing."
Surah Al-Baqarah (2:263)

-----------------------------------------

He rode his bike swiftly, pulling up at the main gate of the university. After parking his bike, he strode into the campus with an air of confidence, his gait exuding pride. Passing through the entrance, he made his way to the central courtyard and then entered the corridor. Rows of lockers lined the right side, while classrooms occupied the left.

As he walked towards the lockers, he was suddenly interrupted by a voice.

"Fahad!!!!"

He turned around to see the most annoying person on the planet Earth standing before him.

"Yaar, kab se bola raha hoon, sun kyun nahi rahe," He said, his tone dripping with irritation.

("Man, I'm calling from so long, why are you not listening,)

"Khalai makhloqon ki mai nahi sunta!" he added, insulting his friend.

("I don't listen to aliens!")

Ignoring Fahad's harsh words, his friend replied calmly, "Yaar, bako mat. Mujhe pata hai jo tum kahin ka gussa kahin utar rahe ho."

("Dude, calm down, I know you are taking out someone else's anger somewhere else.")

"Agar pata hai toh poochte hi kyun ho, Abubakar," Fahad snapped back.

("If you know, then why are you asking, Abubakar,")

"Dekho, mood toh tumhara kharab hai ye toh confirm hai, kharab karne wale tumhare hi ghar wale hain. Ye bhi pata hai, lekin wajah kya hai?" Abubakar tried to reason with him.

("Look, I know you're in a bad mood, and it's your family that's causing it. I know that, but what's the reason?")

"Hmm...wohi hain wajah, mere walid sahab. Aur wajah kya hi hogi, dobara wohi sawal tha, ke university ke baad kya karna hai... Yaar, nahi karni mujhe unki company join! Lekin nahi, meri toh na baba sunte hain na mama." Fahad vented out his frustration.

("Hmm... The reason is my father. who else would it be, he asked the same question that what are your plans after university.... Man, I don't want to join his company! But neither my father listens nor my mother.")

"Acha...toh ye baat hai. Dekho Fahad, tum kar lo na unki company main job. Aur wo tumhari baat sunte hain, issi liye toh bina kahe hi tumhari saari demands puri karte hain," Abubakar tried to calm him down.

(Alright... So this is the matter. Listen Fahad, you should work at his company. And he always listens to and fulfills your demands,")

"Tum kar lo unki wakalat...tum-" Fahad was about to respond, but he got interrupted by a female voice. Both Fahad and Abubakar turned around to face the girl.

("You don't take his side .. You-")

"Hey, Fahad, how are you?" she spoke.

Fahad was visibly irritated by her interruption but maintained his cold posture.

"Tum yahan, Meera-" Abubakar started, but Fahad cut him off.

"Hello, Meera. Tumhare aane se pehle mai acha tha, lekin ab nahi. Waise, aane ki wajah!" Fahad's words were punctuated with gritted teeth, leaving Meera dumbfounded.