8."Past"

بسم اللّٰہ الرحمٰن الرحیم
••••••
Allah says in Qur'an:

"So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers."

Surah Al-Imran (3:139)

________________________

Khan House:

Author's POV:

Ramsha directed Fahad to wait in the guest house for Zain's arrival. She then ascended the stairs to Zain's room, where she informed him about Fahad's presence and instructed him to visit Fahad in the guest room. Zain readily agreed, considering Fahad a close friend.

The Khan family had been neighbors with Fahad's family for 16 years before recently moving to their new residence. Mr. Sohail khan, Ramsha's father, was a business partner of Mr. Sohail Khan. Zain and Fahad shared a strong friendship, further solidified by their families' close ties. Ramsha, however, stood out from the rest. Despite belonging to an elite background where mixed gatherings, dancing, and singing were common, she was a woman of integrity and modesty, deeply rooted in her religious beliefs.

In her childhood, Ramsha had lived a typical life of many Muslim youth, distant from religious teachings. However, a pivotal incident during her college years sparked a transformation in her. Ramsha had harbored feelings for a boy named Asghar since her school days, who coincidentally happened to be her cousin. She cherished him deeply, yet hesitated to confess her love. Her world shattered when she learned, through Zain, that Asghar was planning to move to Malaysia. Initially shocked and heartbroken, Ramsha turned to Allah in prayer, pleading for Asghar's love. It was during this tumultuous time that she discovered her faith.

In college, Ramsha befriended Samara, a devout and modest girl. Influenced by Samara's piety and guidance, Ramsha underwent a profound transformation. She gradually embraced the hijab, much to the surprise of her family and peers. Over time, the hijab evolved into an abaya, and eventually, she embraced the niqab, symbolizing her deepening commitment to her faith.

________________________

Guest House:

Author's POV:

Seated on a comfortable sofa in the lounge, Fahad patiently awaited Zain's arrival. After a while, he heard footsteps approaching. Turning his gaze towards the source, he spotted Zain walking towards him. Rising from his seat, Fahad warmly embraced his friend.

"Kaise ho yaar Fahad! Itne dinon ke baad mil rahe ho?" Zain greeted him with affection and excitement.

("How are you, Fahad! It's been so long since we last met,")

"Fine... Wo last semester chal raha toh busy hoon." Fahad replied, shrugging his shoulders casually.

("I'm fine... Just busy with the ongoing semester,")

"Fahad tum theak toh hona?" Zain asked, his voice tinged with concern.

("Are you okay, Fahad?")

"Hmm.." Fahad responded with a soft hum.

"Batao Fahad kya hua?!" Zain pressed, sensing Fahad's unease.

("Tell me, Fahad, what's wrong?")

"Bas Zain... Mujhe khwaab dobara aane shoro ho gaye hain..." Fahad confessed, his voice filled with tension.