Astronomy (07)

"Liv, truth or dare?" Gracie asked me whilst still being awfully cuddley with sabrina on the basement couch, especially for a couple that had just broken up. She was convinced gracie was doing it to make her jealous, and it was working annoyingly well.
"Uh truth probably," i replied to this unexpected interaction with gracie.

"Do you regret kissing me?" She asked with a painfully sadistic smirk plastered on her face, though behind her mask was a genuine curiosity to the topic. Her words were greeted with shocked faces from the group as the room went silent, with all eyes drifting to me, the shocked girl in the corner.
"Uh, what? I have no idea what you're talking about, gracie," she stuttered, her voice breaking as she anxiously rambled.

"So you're saying you got with Matt that night? And then you got with josh 2 days later? Liv, you're a little hoe, huh?"

"Come on, gracie, let it go -" tate said, though cut off by my yells from across the room.

"No!" I abruptly shouted. "I didn't get with Matt, and no, I don't regret fucking kissing you!.." i mumbled especially towards the end of the sentence. The basement had gone silent. The only sounds were conan grabbing more beers from his mother's stash in the freezer next to the couch.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you, rodrigo. What was that answer?" Gracie laughed as she licked her lips, spreading the venom of her tongue.

"God fuck off abrams! No, I don't regret kissing you!" I screamed immediately, dropping my face as i realised what I just said. My heart dropped to my feet as I looked up only for my gaze to meet with an army of shocked faces. All that was running through my mind was the sad but true thought that they'd never think of me the same after this, and that was a fact i hated with a passion.

The crowd watched as I stormed upstairs into Conan's bathroom. The door slammed with my overwhelming emotion as tears started to pool in my eyes. All my sorry self could hear was the faint yells of group aimed towards gracie as they all baraded her over what happened, but the problem wasn't gracie it was me, and what was currently happening with josh, what was happening with my feelings for gracie, what had my life come to. Gracie sat downstairs in silence, not a peep coming from her sarcastic little mouth. Sabrina stood in her defence as she protested against the group for the girl who was buried in her chest, but I paid attention to none of it. Their words long gone in my mind as tears began to pour. Her words had tipped me over the edge from everything that had been building within me.

Gracies pov:

I didn't mean to hurt her, I just had enough with whatever was going on between us. She never gives a straight answer, and it's infuriating. I don't know why I'm like this. Pushing away the ones I love, it feels like whenever I get close to someone, I just mess it up. It happened with liv, then sabrina, and now the whole group is screaming at me. I'm not sabrina, though I won't go running off to God knows where to avoid dealing with the after of what she'd done. So I sat on the sofa with my knees curled to my chest, hearing the groups commotion.

Through all of their yelling, I managed to hear someone say, "Why would you ask that if you knew she was with josh?" And with that comment, I'd had enough with the yelling. I kept my head buried within my knees and said few words that spoke volumes.

"Don't you get it? I'm in love with her!" I screamed as the tears of my yearning filled my desperate eyes. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna head up to the roof." I climbed off that very couch and grabbed my drink as I headed up to the roof. I parted the crowd that surrounded me like the red sea as i wiped the tears from my eyes. The group all looked to one another with wide eyes.

Olivia's pov:

I felt my chest tughten as I unlocked the wooden door of conans bathroom or as thought of it in that moment, a safe haven. I could hear the group discussing the prior situation, but that's now what I was focused on. I was dead set on the girl that sat above me drinking beer on the roof. As I climbed through the window to the roof, my lips curled into a sorrowful smile with the sight of the girl before me. Why do I keep getting butterflies? She's hooking up with someone new every week it'd dumb to fall for her.. not that I would she's a girl.

I sat beside her, the only noises being crickets chirp around us as we looked at the stars together. Gracie broke her steel gaze to the stars as she looked towards me, though I was still wide-eyed, staring at the stars feeling her gaze wandering over my face. After staring for a little longer, she finally spoke up.

"I-... I'm really sorry for what I said in there. I had no right to say those things, especially in front of the whole group." She said before putting her head down into her knees. "I can be a real dickhead sometimes " she chuckled as she lifted her head back up. God, how I missed her smile and that cute little gap between her teeth.

"I'll admit it hurt hearing it, but it was also a sort of wake-up call. I mean, it was all true." I replied as I reached for the beer that sat between us. "May i?" I asked before seeing her nod, yes. I took I sip from it as she stared in awe.

" I think I said all that shit because I was scared." She mumbled out of the blue after I had finished drinking.

" What do you mean?"

" I think im scared of... of losing you. I loved having you with me, and I hate that we let boys? come between that." She said with a downturned sort of sorrowful smile as our eyes met.

"Yeah, I liked our dynamic. You being the teenage dirtbag that everyone was either scared of or had hooked up with, and me being the hopeless romantic that  couldn't get a boy to like her back." I giggled. We kept our stares on one another.

"I've missed you, I'm sorry," gracie said as her eyes flickered down to my lips. Her lips had parted in anticipation, revealing her tooth gap once again.

"Gracie, just kiss me."

A/n: I'll leave you guys on that note to wait another month for the new chapter. I'm kidding. I won't do that to u again (probably)

_____________
1162 words