Prologue

Y/N Choi, every parent's dream child, and every child's foe. There could only be one powerful person in the room of course and that was her, not through luck but by hard (and smart)  work.
 Every day she'd walk the hallway of the school with a confident smirk and treat it as a runway for academics, with a handful of books. The people who loathed her weren't because of hatred. But because of pure envy, because of the constant pressure, they would get from their parents and relatives to be like her. But of course, she's not free from the pressure just like her peers get.

"A 98%...." Y/N's mother, Mrs. Choi sneered, as she slammed the paper on the table, making Y/N recoil.

"Whose family do you think, you belong to?" Mrs. Choi bellowed, as Y/N looked down in shame.

"Pathetic, you know what you are? Pathetic..." Mrs. Choi rolled her eyes as she stood up from the couch and mumbled some words before leaving the room, slamming the door behind her.

***

"You seem distracted," suggested Asim-chi, analyzing her face.

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry" Y/N snapped out of her trance and hit her head to make her focus on studying during self-revision class. Asim-chi chuckled at her best friend's behavior.

"Give yourself a break, y'know" Asim-chi remarked, half concerned, half joking

"I can't" replied Y/N, while jotting down notes "I can't disappoint, Mother. Not now not never"

Asim-chi sighed at her best friend's stressful nature.

"You're the top student anyways" Asim-chi muttered, her voice coated with a bit of envy.

Y/N noticed it, and stopped jotting down the notes. Y/N nudged her best friend's shoulder and smiled. "Y'know, we can go hang out at the nearest library this Saturday."

Y/N's smile faltered when she saw the expression on Asim-chi's face, she looked weirded out 

"....In conclusion, to take a break from studying.....You're going to a library to study?"

Asim-chi chortled, as Y/N rolled her eyes.

"It's the best option I got" Y/N muttered annoyedly, 

Asim-chi stopped laughing and spoke, "Alright alright, but no breaking the promise because of some dumb weekend study session okay?"

".....Fine, I promise" Y/N agreed, reluctantly as Asim-chi cheered in persuading Y/N successfully.