Chapter 3- Claimed Seat

You'd think sitting with your academic rival would give Y/N a sense of loathe and disgust everytime she gazes at them.

Wrong, Y/N was quite ecstatic about Ms. Bae assigning Taehyung to be seated next to her. Because of starting a new friendship with him, you ask? No, it's a tactic of manipulation. I hope you're privy to what her tactic is aiming for, if you aren't. Well, you'll see.

"Hi," said Y/N surprisingly welcoming, Taehyung was dumbfounded.

"....I'm not sharing my pen, if that's what you're trying to ask," Taehyung said, in a matter-of-factly tone. Y/N's internal disrelish for him seemed to be growing.

"I'm not asking for your pen, " Y/N claimed, forcing an impeccable smile,
Taehyung was bewildered at her sudden change of attitude.

"Are you sick?" He asked eyes- widened, making Y/N chuckle

"No, no of course not!" She responded, 

"Then what's with this 'Mary Sue' type of attitude you suddenly have?" Taehyung asked, a weirded-out expression forming on his face,

Y/N was enjoying his distress growing every second, so she decided to take it to the next level.

"Taehyung," She said, forcing a smile that made her gag internally, Taehyung seemed like he was terrified of Y/N now.

"I want to propose a truce, if you won't mind." And that's it, Taehyung eyes widened to their maximum capacity, as he slightly pushed his chair away from Y/N in fear that she'd been possessed.

Y/N chuckled. Taehyung suddenly stopped looking at her and gazed into his desk, still with his eyes widened. He then came into some sort of realization and snickered as he fixed his posture.

"Tactics, much more of a child's play, don't you think?~"

He stated, Y/N gulped, How did he know her tactic?

".....There's no tactic involved" Y/N stated, faking a shocked look as if she was really trying to befriend him.

"Uhuh, sure" Taehyung yawned, as he rolled his eyes. He really did believed her for a second and all of that went away in a second.

Y/N sighed in defeat as her face dropped on her desk, hitting herself with her right hand repeatedly, sulking angrily. Taehyung chuckled at the sight of it.

"Manipulation isn't really your thing, stick to books" He sneered.

Taehyung had a bemused expression formed on his face when Y/N didn't bother to reply, she just sat there with her face on her desk.

Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but just when he did, Asim-chi came and patted Y/N on the back.

"What's wrong with you now?" She asked, patting Y/N while she kept sulking.

Y/N didn't reply instead, she pointed to Taehyung

"Mean," she mumbled, Taehyung's eyes widened, because of her false conviction
Asim-chi rolled her eyes at him, and mumbled a "let's go," to Y/N.

Y/N agreed and as they were about to leave the classroom, Y/N gave a last mocking glance to Taehyung and left.

Taehyung of course gave a jeering look back. But as soon as the duo left, he smiled to himself recalling her failed attempt to manipulate him.

***

"So you tried to manipulate him?" Asim-chi asked, quite disappointed at her best friend's choice.

Y/N didn't seem bothered by that, and nodded condescendingly "Yup,"

She replied, stuffing a candy bar into her mouth, Asim-chi sighed.

"And all that just to learn his weaknesses?" Asim-chi muttered.

"I've got my points" Y/N replied, her voice muffled, as she swallowed the candy bar

"If I know his weaknesses, then of course he'll score lower than me on the SAT, and that is what I want" Y/N replied joyfully

"What my Mother wants anyways" she mumbled.

(~To Be Continued~)