Chapter 3 | The Weight of Destiny

The Great Hall of Hogwarts was shrouded in darkness, the flickering torches casting long shadows upon the faces of those gathered within. Among them stood Draco Malfoy, his heart heavy with the weight of the task that lay before him. Beside him, Julia watched with bated breath, her fingers intertwined with his, a silent gesture of solidarity in the face of adversity.

The moment had come, the moment that Draco had dreaded since the dark mark had been branded upon his skin. With each step he took towards the towering figure of Dumbledore, his resolve wavered, his mind clouded by doubt and despair. But as he looked into Julia's eyes, he found the strength to press onward, to fulfill the destiny that had been laid out before him.

For Julia's sake, he would do anything, would sacrifice everything to keep her safe from harm. Even if it meant staining his hands with the blood of an innocent man.

But before Draco could raise his wand to strike, a voice rang out from the shadows, a voice that sent shivers down his spine. Snape, the enigmatic Potions Master, stepped forward, his features etched with determination.

With a flick of his wand, Snape cast a spell that sent Dumbledore hurtling backwards, his body crashing to the ground with a resounding thud. The Great Hall erupted into chaos, the air thick with the scent of magic and the echoes of betrayal.

For Draco, the world seemed to spin out of control, his mind reeling from the shock of Snape's actions. He had expected to be the one to carry out the task, to prove his loyalty to Voldemort and his cause. But now, as he watched Dumbledore lie motionless upon the ground, he realized that fate had other plans.

Snape turned to Draco, his eyes burning with an intensity that sent a chill down Draco's spine. "Go," he commanded, his voice low and menacing. "Leave this place and do not look back."

Draco hesitated, torn between the urge to flee and the desire to stay and confront the consequences of his actions. But as he felt Julia's hand tighten around his, he knew that he could not risk her safety for the sake of his own pride.

With a heavy heart, Draco turned and fled, his footsteps echoing through the empty corridors of Hogwarts. Behind him, the echoes of Snape's betrayal reverberated through the halls, a reminder of the darkness that lurked at the edges of their world.

As he raced towards the safety of the Forbidden Forest, Draco knew that he would carry the weight of Snape's actions with him for the rest of his days. But amidst the chaos and uncertainty that surrounded him, one thing remained clear: he would do whatever it took to keep Julia safe, even if it meant sacrificing everything he held dear.