Chapter 6 | A Promise of Tomorrow

The gentle rays of dawn filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow upon the room where Julia lay sleeping. As she stirred from her slumber, her eyes blinked open, only to find Draco's side of the bed empty, the warmth of his presence lingering in the air like a fading dream.

Confusion clouded Julia's mind as she sat up, her gaze scanning the room for any sign of him. But then, her eyes fell upon a piece of parchment resting upon the desk, a note written in Draco's familiar handwriting.

With a mixture of relief and concern, Julia crossed the room and picked up the note, her heart skipping a beat as she read the words written upon it. Draco would be back in a few hours, it said, and she didn't have to worry about him.

Though reassured by his words, Julia couldn't shake the gnawing sense of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach. Nevertheless, she pushed her worries aside and made her way downstairs to the common area, where she found breakfast laid out upon the table.

As she ate, Julia's mind raced with thoughts of Draco and what he might be doing. She couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered within her, despite his assurances in the note.

After finishing her meal, Julia returned to their room upstairs, where she spent the hours waiting for Draco by reading a book. Each passing minute felt like an eternity, her anxiety mounting with every tick of the clock.

Finally, after four hours and fifty-one minutes had passed, the sound of footsteps in the hallway outside drew Julia's attention. With a sense of relief flooding her heart, she set aside her book and rose from the bed, anticipation coursing through her veins.

And then, as Draco stepped through the doorway, Julia rushed forward and enveloped him in a tight hug, her heart overflowing with joy and relief. She pressed a tender kiss to his cheek, her lips lingering against his skin as she held him close.

As they pulled away, Julia looked into Draco's eyes, her own filled with concern. "I missed you," she whispered, her voice soft with emotion. "Even though you told me not to worry, I couldn't help but be concerned."

Draco's gaze softened as he reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from her face. "I'm sorry, Julia," he murmured, his voice filled with regret. "But I promise, everything's alright now."

And then, with a smile that lit up the room, Draco reached into his pocket and produced a small, velvet box. "I have a surprise for you," he said, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "And we have to leave tomorrow morning to make it happen."

Julia's heart skipped a beat at his words, her curiosity piqued by the promise of what lay ahead. With a nod of her head, she agreed, and together they made their plans for the journey that awaited them.

That evening, they informed Aberforth of their plans to depart the following morning, thanking him for his hospitality. And then, as they returned to their room, they packed their belongings in preparation for the journey ahead.

With everything in readiness for the next day, Julia and Draco settled into bed, their hearts filled with anticipation for the adventures that awaited them. And as they drifted off to sleep, their dreams were filled with visions of the future and the promise of tomorrow.