chapter 7 | A House of Dreams

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the landscape, Julia and Draco stood hand in hand before a quaint house nestled in the midst of rolling hills and verdant meadows. It was a scene straight out of a fairytale, the air alive with the promise of new beginnings and endless possibilities.

Draco's heart swelled with anticipation as he reached into his pocket and produced a small velvet box, the corners softened by years of handling. With a nervous smile, he opened the box, revealing its contents to Julia with a flourish.

Julia's eyes widened in surprise as she peered into the box, her breath catching in her throat at the sight of the gleaming key nestled within. "What is this?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper as she looked up at Draco in wonder.

"It's the key to our new home," Draco replied, his voice filled with excitement and anticipation. "I bought it for us, Julia. A place where we can start fresh, away from the chaos and darkness of the world outside."

Julia's heart swelled with emotion at his words, her eyes brimming with tears of joy as she reached out to take the key from his outstretched hand. "You bought us a house?" she asked, her voice trembling with disbelief.

Draco nodded, a smile spreading across his face as he watched her reaction. "I wanted to give you something special, something that would make you happy," he said, his voice soft with emotion.

With a sense of wonderment, Julia turned towards the door of the house, her hands trembling with excitement as she inserted the key into the lock and turned it with a satisfying click. With a sense of anticipation, she pushed open the door and stepped inside, her eyes widening in surprise at what she saw.

The interior of the house was spacious and airy, with large windows that flooded the rooms with natural light. But to Julia's surprise, there was no furniture to be seen, the rooms bare and empty save for the promise of what was to come.

Confusion clouded Julia's mind as she turned to Draco, her brow furrowed in confusion. "Why isn't there any furniture?" she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Draco's smile widened as he stepped forward to embrace her, his arms encircling her in a warm and comforting embrace. "Because I know how much you love to furnish and decorate rooms," he said, his voice filled with affection. "I wanted to give you the chance to make this house truly our own."

Julia's heart swelled with gratitude at his words, her eyes shining with tears of happiness as she threw her arms around him and pulled him close. "Thank you, Draco," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

And as they stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, Julia knew that she had found her home in Draco's arms. For in that moment, amidst the empty rooms and bare walls, she knew that she had everything she needed to build a life filled with love and happiness.