Chapter 6: Old Friends

Liv walked in front of the others as they kept walking. The streets were pretty busy, despite it being pretty late. The harsh neon lights sprinkled across the many buildings of the strip illuminated the streets with blues and pinks as they kept on their way. He decided he should probably ask this before they could end up getting lost.
"So, you know how to get there from here, right?"
Liv chuckled nervously as she kept walking, taking a second to reply.
"...I'll know where it is when we get close?"
He sighed as he kept following her. Great, they were probably gonna get lost out here at this rate.

— — —

He kept an eye from a distance for a while before eventually jumping down from the flat he was on, linking up with a few other people, all in biker outfits, similar to his. One of them, wearing a black mask with a sharp teeth pattern, spoke up.
"So, you figured where those little rats are going?"
He merely nodded as he pointed in the direction they were walking.
"Think they're headed to that new smoothie place that opened up a couple weeks ago, seems to be around that part of town."
Revving of an engine could be heard as the masked man sat himself on his motorcycle, a beautiful red monster of a machine.
"Let's show our old pal at Killjoy that they gotta think twice before crossin' us! Let's tail those little runts and show em' a damn lesson about who really runs these streets!"
The other men quickly settled onto their own bikes, as the roaring of a dozen engines could be heard for a hundred yards.

— — —

As the three of them continued their walks, they could hear the sounds of motorcycles from the distance. It felt a bit odd that people would be trying to drive like that back in the busier streets. Where they were, the population was starting to thin out a bit as people were moving away from the usual daytime destinations, heading to clubs and bars instead. Still, it didn't feel that out of the ordinary. Liv and Eli were just having some side conversations when the lights appeared behind them. While they were absorbed in their talking, he looked back only to see the headlights of a group of motorbikes quickly approaching them. Liv and Eli turned a corner as he whipped around to follow them, but he couldn't get the thought of that out of his mind. As they kept walking however, eventually they saw the same headlights in front of them. And behind them. Six on each side, surrounded in the streets. And the man on the red bike stepped off first, looking them over.

He had an annoying, toothy grin on his face, with a black leather jacket covering him up from the wind, with an emblem of a red mask on his shoulder. While he and Liv were a bit confused on who they were, Eli held an arm out in front of them, saying what they were sure to ask him for a moment later.
"They're another gang around here, the Red Riders. Also, some old friends of mine."
He then turned his attention to the masked man in front of him, hands in his pockets as he leaned towards the three, trying to intimidate them.
"Didn't I already tell you I wasn't coming back with you guys, Ryder?"
Ryder merely laughed, a bit annoyed at his insolence, but also amused by it.
"Ah c'mon, did you really think you and your new pals would be safe if you ditched us? Now, I'm gonna give you two choices. Come back with us, or I'll make you lick my boots when I'm done beating the crap out of you."

Eli laughed at him, his dreads flowing a bit in the evening wind as he put a hand on his hip, returning the grin of the man in front of him.
"Ima have to take the third. Beating you one-on-one. If I do that, then you gotta piss off. Deal?"
Ryder laughed at the request, although to him it sounded like a challenge. And there was nothing that would damage his ego more than refusing a challenge from someone he deemed to be below him.
"Alright then. I accept. But if any of your pals try and butt in during your whooping, then just know, my guys got arms, and they aren't afraid of em' either."
Eli just kept up his smirk, a fiery look in his eyes as he stared down Ryder.
"Good. I wouldn't want them in the way of my business anyways."