Chapter 21: Bargaining Chip

He stood within the pristine concrete room as he checked his watch.

6:50 PM

The show was to be ending in ten minutes, and chances are that woman would leave shortly after. It would be a hell of a lot easier to make his new captures cooperate if he managed to get an innocent wrapped up in things. The problem he had on his mind at the moment was that other boy, the one that slipped past his capture. He was probably going to go looking for them, so he didn't have a lot of time to work with. He quickly began stepping out of the room, heading Mo down the hall as he made it to a door. He stepped out through the side entrance of the building, casually waiting outside the doors of the building. He expected her to arrive after the main crowd was gone, so he would be able to get this off without a hitch. That assumed she went looking for everyone else first, but he was pretty certain she would. Then it would just take a simple sleep dart and he would have one extra bit of security for his plan.

He pulled out his phone from outside as he saw one of the masked men standing outside answer.
"Find yourself a good hiding spot, I need you to sleep someone on their way out."
He saw the man look around for a moment before pulling the dart rifle off its strap, and onto his back as they responded.
"What do they look like?"
"Middle aged woman, brown hair, with some square glasses. She's got a mole on her right cheek, and she's got a purple shirt on, along with some black jeans. That enough?"
He could see the man nod from his little hiding spot as he spoke once again.
"Should be enough to narrow down the target... what's it for?"
He chuckled slightly before replying, "A bargaining chip, so we can keep the money makers from fighting."
He could see the man nod once more.
"Understood."
The call ended as the guard hung up, walking off to... he wasn't sure, but wherever he found suitable would probably work.

He quickly readjusted his mask before taking the position of the guard that was standing outside the door before he ordered them elsewhere, standing beside another one of his subordinates. His expression remained ineligible as always as the other guard just sighed, taking quick note of him before turning back around.

7:15 PM

The main leaving crowd had already faded off a few minutes ago, and now only a faint trickle of people remained leaving. He quickly glanced down the doorway as he saw her— their target. He quickly looked back as not to arouse any suspicion as he saw her walk by the doors, taking a few steps out in the fresher air. And then he heard a rush of wind past his head, and a dart stuck into her neck as he saw her tumble. He quickly stepped over to catch her, putting on his best act.
"Ma'am, are you not feeling well? I'll make sure to bring you to the hospital..."
But he knew he wasn't going to do that, and as he watched her eyes flutter closed, he slowly began to walk back through the side entrance, and back into the concrete room where he had slain the councilman just half an hour prior. He gently placed her on the floor before stepping out, locking the door behind him as he began walking back down the hall. Lea quickly fell into step beside him, coming in from a branching hall after she had just finished putting all the cleaning supplies away.

She turned to look at him as she opened her mouth to speak, but he just put a finger over her mouth to shush her as he kept walking.
"I know what you're about to say, 'Oh, where'd you run off to?' Just getting some leverage... I got some more private business to attend to. You can head off to your quarters."
She softly nodded as she pulled away from him, darting down a hallway as she walked off. He kept going straight for a while, eventually standing beside a door as he turned around to face it. He opened it, as he took in the sight of the boy with tape over his mouth in front of him, bound by ropes against his pale skin, around his wrists and feet to restrict movement. Liam just looked up at him with indignation as he looked down at him.
"Now, I know you don't want to comply with us... but I feel like I have something that might just change your mind."