Chapter 12: The 'Lackey'

While Liam and Max were tied down with holding off the rest of the rabble, he was busy with his own boss. He and Ryder were set up in a largely open section of the warehouse, with just a couple empty boxes scattered around the otherwise flat space. He kept his eyes on Ryder, with that cocky grin eating away at the bit of composure he still had. It felt like he was being taunted. Goaded on to make the first move. He ran towards Ryder with fire in his eyes as he tried to hit his right side, a straight jab to try and catch him off guard. Ryder saw this coming, as he quickly darted out of the way, countering with a hook to the left shoulder. He stumbled as he felt the impact in his joint, stretching his arm a bit as a loud pop came from it.
"Feels better already."

— — —

Ryder was slowly starting to get a bit tired of dealing with Eli. This should've ended a few minutes ago, but it seems like something happened with him, and it improved him greatly. He even saw little traces of energy around him every now and again when he tried to land a hit. He had even taken a couple blows already, one to his left side, and the other to his shoulder. They weren't too sore, but it was still pissing him off that he managed to do this much in such a short time frame. He thought that he wouldn't possibly be able to keep up with just a week to prepare, but he underestimated his potential. He held a hand out as he caught his breath, taking Eli by surprise as he froze for a second.
"Well, guess I gotta admit," he said. "You're better than ya' look. Guess I can show off a bit then!"

He held a hand out in front of him as a grey board appeared in front of him. It was remarkably thin, and about his size, with a razor sharp edge. He held his hand up as he twirled it on his palm a bit, getting a quick feel for it before he grabbed the ends with his hand, making sure not to contact the sharp edge as he threw it at Eli. It was like a huge playing card, as sharp as an industrial blade as it whirred through the air. Eli barely ducked under it in time as he looked up at Ryder from his position.
"Wow, such a boring ability," He said, chuckling a bit from the rather... underwhelming display of his signature ability. "That all you got in you? Throwing big ass cards around?"

He was really starting to lose his temper now as he conjured up another board to launch at Eli, a bit lower so he wasn't able to duck it. Instead, he watched as he jumped atop it, standing on it as he smiled.
"If that's all you have for me, I'll have her back in five minu-"
He pulled one of his fingers back towards him as the board pulled towards him, meeting him at eye level as he aimed a hook straight at the side of his face.
"Shut up, you cocky brat."
Eli got launched back as he fell flat on his ass, stumbling as it took more effort to get up. But he was already on him, as he threw another sharp board at Eli. He barely managed to dive out of the way as he had to take another second to regain his footing. By the time he stood, he already had another one of his weapons prepared to launch.

He kept at his little game of cat and mouse for a while, tossing a sharp plane for him to avoid as he formed another in his hands. He was trying to wear him out so he could get the opportunity to beat him down and knock some sense into him. He knew he had improved, and it had gotten to his head. Something easily taken advantage of. He looked on as Eli was breathing hard, trying to catch his breath as he launched another sharp plane at him. The blood on his arm became apparent as he saw that he was beginning to slow down in his reactions, a shallow cut on his arm proving it as he grazed it.
"I was your boss for a reason, you cocky ass. Don't be getting snippy with me!"

He was getting tired of their games, and he wanted to win. So he raised another plane as he prepared for his victory.