Chapter 10: The Warehouse

Eli stood in front of the others as the sounds of engines could be heard roaring from the warehouse. The flat expanse of the concrete outside the warehouse was the perfect spot to cause some motorized mayhem— which was an even more daunting situation when they would soon be right in the middle of it. They had to get into that warehouse as fast as possible. He could feel the wind against his face as he began his sprint down the hundred yarn strip of concrete leading up to the building, with the sounds of engines only growing louder. He could see their bikes lining up in front of it as they prepared to charge directly at them. And then, they moved.

Metal and rubber came rushing towards them, as if a wall of steel was advancing towards them. It was too wide to dive past, and a jump over them was risky. He was lost in thought trying to think of what to do as the bikes encroached further upon them. At only eight or so yards remaining between them, however, something happened. Their tires suddenly flattened, as if torn through by something. He merely glanced at Max for a moment, a look of irritation plastered on his face, as he held a single tiny blade in his hands, no larger than an index finger. Max just turned to him as the bikes skidded to a half in front of them, tipping over as they vaulted over them, now with a straight shot to the warehouse.
"Don't just fuckin' stare at what's tryin' to kill you, dumbass! Keep your head in the game, or I'll kill you!"
He wasn't exactly expecting to get motivated at all, let alone by Max of all people. But it was welcome to him, as they continued their confident advance.

— — —

"Shit. This new guy they brought in has a fuckin' TICK? Gotta be kidding me!"
He stood in front of the chair that Liv was tied to, seeing the first line of bikers he had get easily topped over by just one of them. Sending more bikes would be useless— and a waste of his cash. He reached into a briefcase he had stowed away in the warehouse. Filled with bills of all kinds, he made sure it was well stowed before he turned back, leaving enough time for those three to get a glance at Liv. He didn't care though, he just wanted to keep his cash incase things went south. He still had to make that payment after all.

— — —

He and the others had made it to the doorway of the warehouse, as Ryder was back to standing in front of the chair. He merely smiled at him as he stepped to the side, showing off Liv's stare. She was tied to the chair pretty roughly, some bruised around her wrists, her waist, and a couple around her shoulders— probably from trying to keep her from thrashing. He could feel his face heat up as his eyes widened, taking in the scene for a bit before looking back at Ryder. He was smiling from this. From her anguish.
"What the hell do you want from me!?"
Ryder's face contorted into a smile as he began to chuckle at his anger from seeing that. A single sight of his girl in danger set him off, so he could definetly take advantage of this.

"I want you back with us, kid. You'd be a great right hand man, after all!"
He scowled as he responded.
"One, I'm not a kid. Two, I'm not interested in working with you in any capacity. So, you gonna give her back or what?"
Ryder chuckled as he looked at Liv, then back at Eli.
"I suppose I can, buuut... you gotta beat me first. I can respect someone who I feel is above me, but you haven't proven that. So prove your damn worth if you want her back.
He continued to scowl at Ryder, slowly getting more and more pissed off as he kept talking. Who did he think he was!? But, it was definetly the easiest condition that he would get to get her back.
"Fine. I'll accept your challenge, Ryder."
"Call me boss."
"No."
"Ah, c'mon, don't be like that!"

— — —

Ryder looked to the rest of his men in here. And then to the two other nuisances that were brought here. He didn't want them to interfere, so he waved a hand to bring a few of them over.
"You two, fight the brown-blonde haired dude over there. As for the rest of you, good luck with that guy that looks mad at everything."
Eli just glanced back for a moment as he saw more men run past him, heading for the other two.
"Hey, I thought you said this was between us!"
He just laughed at him for a moment, before giving his response.
"Oh, it is. But I can't have them freeing the girl, can I?"
Eli just nodded in understanding, preparing to fight him. He found a bit of humor out of this situation, his old lackey now against him. He was sure of how this would go, and he knew that Eli was either going to win, or die trying.
And he was leaning heavily towards the latter.