Chapter Ten - Dreams, Truths, and New Beginnings

I stared at the six spirits. One an embodiment of light, one of darkness, one of fire, one of water, one of nature, and one of storms. In unison they spoke. "We await your command... battle nears." I jerked up, waking up to the sound of my phone going off. I jumped at the sight of Shouta's name. Jumping I scrambled to answer the phone.
"Kazumi... I need your help with something." I blinked. Moving to leaned against the kitchen part of my base, waving my hand as my costume swapped with clothes, returning to its safe next to my fathers.
"With... what?"
"A girl rescued. My quirk works on her well enough, but yours would work so much more... I've pulled some strings... can you take her in?"
"Yes... I... can..."
"I see... thank you..."
"I'm... assuming... you'll... have... all... the... paper... work... ready..."
"Yes... you already have a foster license right?"
"Yes... though... I'd... prefer... to... adapt..."
"We can do that..."
"Okay... I'll... be... there... soon..." I got up... it seems I'll be taking in Eri a lot sooner than planned.

I walked into the hospital, to see Shota, he nodded and waved me over. I instantly followed him. Signing some paper work, then... a few seconds later. I was walking with Eri. She looked up at me. "Struggling to recognize me?" She gasped, staring up at me. "Out in public I'm Kazumi Midoriya."
"Ka-zu-mi..."
"Mimi is fine too."
"Mimi." I nodded.
"Let's get you some clothes and other stuff."
"O-okay." I took Eri out for that day. Buying her clothes of all kind and also some toys... and figurines... of me. I had been hesitant, but she was so insistent. That I eventually caved in, buying her the figurines.

The days blurred together

The days blurred together. She began to settle in with me. We created and designed her room which had been one of two spare bedrooms. Safe to say, she loved her room, and turned out to be a real cuddle bug. Speaking of which, as I cleaned the counter, Eri clung onto my pants leg. The door opened with a chime. At the same time the news began to talk about Viridian Shadow. I ignored it, turning down the TV and looking at the door. Only to see Tensei walk in. "Yo!" He waved, grinning. Ignoring Rin and the way she froze, I smiled at waved at him.
'Hello Tensei.'
"Hope those fans have been leaving you alone."
'You and hawks calling them out on live TV was a great help. Your usual I'm assuming?'
"Yeah, if possible to stay."
'Well you're not walking in right as I'm closing so.' I smiled. He laughed.
"Yeah... sorry about that." He rubbed the back of his neck. That's when he spotted Eri. "Oh..." something flashing in his eyes... almost like hurt. "Who's this?"
'This is Eri.'
"Is she yours?" He asked. Pain flickering in his eyes. It confused me.
'No. Not yet at least. I'm in the adoption process right now.'
"Really." The pain vanished and he smiled at Eri. I nodded, smiling at them.