hydrate or diedrate (ft. tatum)

It was scorching hot at Essex College.

Well, not like Death Valley hot, but hot enough to where everyone was complaining.

Leighton and her roommates were in their dorm, fans on full blast when Leighton got a text from Willow, Whitney's teammate.

Willow: Hey, I've been trying to get a hold of Tatum but Y/N is in the trainer's room. Something about heat stroke? I don't really know but I have class in a few minutes so I need one of you to come get her.

Leighton shot up from her seat and ran out of her dorm, ignoring her roommates. She pulled up Tatum's contact and called her. The blonde answered right away.

"Hi babe. I just got out of class." Leighton sighed. "Y/N's in the trainer's room, Willow said something about heatstroke, can you meet me there?"

Tatum got in her car quickly. "I'll come pick you up and we can go together. Don't need you getting heatstroke walking to her."

Y/N was groggy when they got to her. According to her track coach, who Tatum and Leighton didn't like, she pushed herself too hard. (As if the man didn't give her a hard workout). He told the two that he expected Y/N back tomorrow after taking a nap and left them with their girlfriend.

Leighton was about to go tear the fake hair piece off the man's head when Y/N spoke.

"I hate that man." The two blondes giggled and went to their girlfriend's side. "How are you feeling, baby?" Y/N almost purred at the feeling of Tatum running her fingers through her sweaty hair. "Exhausted. Hot."

Leighton chuckled and kissed her head. "Well, that's what heatstroke will do to you. Let's get you somewhere more comfortable."

After getting back to Tatum's apartment, the two made Y/N take a cold shower, both to wash off the sweat and continue to keep her cool. When she got out, the two had gotten Tatum's bed ready for her.

The room was dark, to help with the headache and the comforter was off the bed, just a thin sheet remained. Before she could get into bed, Tatum made her drink a gatorade and eat an orange. Y/N did, but only because she wanted to, not because Tatum made her.

Leighton then made the girl lay down, only covering her lower half with the sheet, the blonde gently putting a cool, damp rag on Y/N's forehead, glaring at her when she tried to take it off.

"Babe, keep it on there. It will help regulate your body temperature more." Y/N grumbled and did what Leighton told her. The two joined Y/N in bed, now changed in comfier clothes.

Y/N began to doze as the two kept a very close eye on their girlfriend. Before fully falling asleep, Y/N softly told her girlfriends that she loved them. After Y/N fell asleep, Leighton and Tatum made some phone calls.

The next day, Essex had put out a statement announcing that the track coach had been fired and an investigation was being launched into the abuse his athletes suffered. Y/N had a sneaking suspicion who was behind it but just shook it off.

They would tell her eventually.