Chapter 42

"Alma?" Esmé said as she walked over to her.

"Yes dear?"

"Can we.. visit my old loop? I know the loop was destroyed and all. But I want to see if LeFay and the blanket are still there."

Alma looked at her confused for a moment, with a slight tilt of her head before she realized what she meant.

"You're sure you want to go back there?" She asks softly, Esmé working on the clothes she was folding and putting in their vanity.

"I left a lot of things behind. I didn't think I needed them anymore... But I want them back. A lot of them remind me of you." Esmé said gently.

"I understand, but are you absolutely sure you'll be alright visiting there again?" Alma asks softly, kneeling down beside the woman and gaining her attention but setting down a shirt she was trying to fold.

"You'll be there, right?" Esmé asked, getting a nod from Alma. "I'll be okay if I'm not going back alone."

"I'll be there. I wouldn't want you going alone anyways." Alma says gently and Esmé sends her a small smile, taking the shirt back and folding it.

"Thank you." Esmé smiled at her.

~~~~~~

Alma and her decided to wait till the next day to stop by her loop, Esmé having to give Alma instructions to where it was located.

They flew there, it being faster that way. Alma made sure Esmé could keep up the entire time. The younger woman squawked and went to land near an old abandoned house.

Both of them shifted back, Esmé obviously a bit uneasy with the home but they went inside, Alma being careful because of how rickety the home was.

"My room was upstairs, I kept all my things there. I didn't trust the boys around them. If they found out I slept with a stuffed animal they would've torn it apart." Esmé said as she walked carefully towards the staircase, making sure Alma was following her.

The older woman carefully walked up the stairs, hearing the creaks of each one and jumping for a moment when Esmé almost tripped over a torn up nail.

"Sorry, I'm fine." Esmé said, rightening herself. The two continued carefully up the stairs. Alma didn't trust the floor and tread lightly.

Eventually they made it to her room, Esmé ignoring the small red dots that were on some part of the floor and wall, heading towards her bed that was now covered with leaves and ferns and the slight smell of mold filled the home.

Esmé walked over to her old dresser, where she'd hidden her personal items from the boys. "They should be here." She said as she pulled it open, finding it difficult because of how long it's been.

She yanked on the handle, the drawer opening but the handle fell off after wards and Esmé looked down at it a bit surprised before searching through the mess. Alma looked around the room, noticing the small marks and dots of red that were placed among different parts of the room.

Alma decided not to point it out, but it was worrying. "Yes!" Esmé yelled, pulling out LeFay. "And the blankets here too!" Esmé grinned."They need to be washed but they're intact!"

Alma sent her a small smile but continued looking around the home, not wanting to be nosy but curious as to what Esmés life was like alone by herself in this home.

Alma walked around her old room being careful of where she stepped. She noted how empty Esmé's room was, she didn't seem to have any possessions.

There was nothing on display. And Esmé's bed was also empty beside a small pillow and thin blanket.