| Chapter one |

"SARAI MCKINNON SO HELP ME MERLIN IF YOU DO NOT GET UP—"

Remus's voice thundered through the open doorway of Sarai's bedroom, causing her to jump up and roll off of her bed with a loud THUD.

"What! What?!" Sarai yelled looking around everywhere in a half panicked manner. Her long black curly hair was sticking to the side of her face from where the drool had dried up on the side of her mouth.

"Honestly, Sar," Remus started with a halfhearted sigh.
Leaning on the doorway of her bedroom, he placed his wand back in his robe pocket. A tall lean looking man with faded scars over his face. His hair was starting to grey around his blonde thin, hair that was neatly brushed back. His clothes hung off of him, that once fit him perfectly but now swallowed him whole. The robes themselves were shabby, with many patches scattered over them from over the years of mending them.

"You're worse than your mother." He shook his head, disappointedly. "Do you want to get your school supplies or not? It's nearly noon you know."

Sarai, whom was definitely not a beautiful damsel in the morning slowly stood up, rubbing her elbow from where she landed on the hardwood floor. She glanced around dazed at the room before her. A small space littered with scraps of paper from around the room. Remus had definitely asked her to clean up before bed last night. Her efforts however turned futile after the left overs from Grandpa Lyall's dinner was settled comfortably in her stomach. She had fallen into a food induced coma not long after dinner.

"Yes," she grumbled nursing her throbbing elbow, "after some coffee."

"You'll have tea." Remus corrected her with a raised eyebrow, "I refuse to let you run wild while we're at diagon alley. Not after the last time."

The bits and pieces of the memory surfaced in Sarai's mind before she quickly shook her head and those thoughts away. That was a story for another time.

"Yeah Dad." She said, before wincing, "Can I at least have black tea? I can already feel a headache."

Remus looked at her incredulously, "Only eleven years old and you're already addicted to caffeine." He shook his head, "where did I go wrong?!" He said with a dramatic tone.

"Well for starters, that rude awakening—"

"That was your own fault. I've been calling your name for the past five minutes and you slept through it like you were dead." Remus countered with a teasing tone. "I hope nothing ever happens to you in your sleep cause otherwise I'd never know if you were actually dead or alive."

"hey!" Sarai said in an offended voice, "It's takes a lot of sleep to get this beautiful." She gestured to her face.

Remus chuckled. "Okay sleeping beauty, get dressed, I'll have lunch ready by then."

And with that he walked out of the room so Sarai could get ready.

——-

It was not the first time Sarai had been to Diagon Alley. But it definitely was the first time she had gone school shopping. Already, she was bouncing off the walls as the two walked down the bustling street, filled with many other parents who were wrangling their children to get ahold of themselves until enough to get their school supplies. The pair carefully made their way towards Madam Malkins, trying to avoid stressed Mama's with trolleys filled with supplies.