| Chapter Four |

"I can not believe you didn't pick Care of Magical  Creatures!" Seamus exclaimed early the next morning as the three looked at their schedules. 

    Sarai groaned, "Seamus, it's not that big of a deal. We still have our core classes together. I just didn't want to me stuck in a dusty all room looking at a crystal ball, and you know how I am with animals." 

     Sarai, definitely was not an animal lover. Not that she hated creatures, but she just wasn't the best with them. Not after the time when she was five and a Doxy chased her around the cottage, biting her at any chance she got. Ever since, she's had a fear of animals and does her best to avoid magical creatures at all costs. It took her nearly 4 months before she wrote her first letter home to Remus, simply because she had to overcome her fear of the owls. 

     "You're not going to be a part of Hagrid's class though," Seamus observed. "I bet his class will be tons of fun." 

    "Yeah, for you. I'm terrified of animals." Sarai reminded him, "Plus I think Ancient Runes is a much more interesting subject than Divination."

Seamus scoffed. "Yeah, okay." He said incredulously. 

    At this point Dean piped in after polishing off he bacon on his plate. "Come off it Seamus, its too late for her to switch courses now anyway. You're just stuck with me all day." 

    Before Seamus had a chance to respond, the three were interrupted by a loud shriek. Sarai looked over to the gaggle of Slytherins, to see Pansy Parkinson laughing shrilly at Harry. Sarai made a face before saying, 

   "And now that my ears have started bleeding, I think I'll go on ahead find my class. See you in Transfiguration?" She asked the two of them as they all got up to leave the Great Hall. 

    "Yeah, we'll catch up with you." Dean agreed. 

   And with those parting words, the three split up to head towards their classes. 

--

     Once Sarai had reached the classroom to her Ancient Runes class, she was pleased to see that she wasn't the only one to get there early. Sitting on one of the middle tables was Michael Corner, a Ravenclaw in her year. 

"Mind if I sit?" She asked, 

    Michael looked up and smiled at her, "Be my guest. How was your break?" he asked as she sat down next to him, dropping her bag on  the floor next to her. 

   "Nothing special really, me and my uncle stayed home mostly. He was busy getting the curriculum prepared for this year." Sarai explained while getting settled. "You?"

    "My parents and I went to a few of the quidditch matches during break. They go mad for the Wimbourne Wasps." He replied, "I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't take Divination this year. Mum says that class is a joke." 

      Sarai giggled, "Yeah, my uncle Remus mentioned he hated taking that class when he went to Hogwarts, so I opted out. Dean and Seamus didn't seem to think that was the case though." 

     "Their loss, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Even if it is too late," Michael chuckled. 

     As the two continued on in their conversation, a few more students joined the class, including a very frazzled looking Hermione, who looked like she'd been running. Sarai turned to face her as she went on the seat herself at a table next to the pair, 

"You 'alright, Hermione?" She asked the girl curiously. 

"Fine-- I got lost." Hermione said through heavy breathes.