Melting (Reaper x Cupid)

|| Artist: Dio_saurr - twitter!! ||

   Suguru was a grim reaper. He doesn't remember his past life or how he gained this job.

  Suguru was standing next to a gravestone, his most recent job now finished. "Satoru, didn't I tell you leave me be while I work?" He spoke coldly, turning towards the figure beside him. "I told you we aren't friends."

  Satoru, also known as Cupid, smiled and looked at the gravestone Suguru was in front of. "I don't see why you're so against it!" 

"You're very annoying." Suguru mutters as he turns his attention back towards the gravestone. It was no surprise that Suguru's attitude was so dull. His whole job revolved around death. He believed that love and death were opposites, they couldn't exist together.

  "Is this your most recent one?" Satoru asked warmly, pointing to the engraved stone in front of them. "Do you really believe that I would tell you the answer to that?" Suguru spat out. Despite his angry tone, he glances at happy man next to him. His expression never held any emotions, always a blank face. Turning his attention back in front of him, he sighed. "Yes, it is."

  Satoru smiles, patting Suguru on the back. "It's beautiful as always. I've always admired your work!" Suguru furrows his brows in irritation, looking back towards Satoru. "My job is not admirable. I don't want to this. This was not a choice." Looking back down at the gravestone, Suguru gently traced his fingers on the top of the stone to remove some debris. "Just leave me alone and stop pestering me with your presence."

   As Satoru turned to walk away, he stopped for a moment. "Death has its beauty in its own way. If you're truly stuck with this job, try to find the better things about it." He spoke softly, patting his shoulder before continuing to leave. Suguru's body tensed as he felt Satoru's hand on his shoulder. He tried to find something to say in return but failed, Satoru's innocent smile and kind words replaying in his mind. "I hate it when you're kind."

________________________________________________________________________________

  Suguru was going to his next job when he noticed Satoru leaning against a tree, rubbing his temples out of frustration. He walked over to him, raising an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?"

  Satoru jumped slightly, taken by surprise by Suguru. "Ah! You snuck up on me!" He said looking towards Suguru. He laughed nervously, ending it with a sigh. "I keep running into problems with my current job. These two just won't connect! Either they're so oblivious or-." He stopped himself, feeling his frustration grow again. "Sorry, I shouldn't go on about my problems." Suguru looks towards the two people that Satoru mentioned. "Have you thought about them just being incompatible?" He said in a monotone voice, looking back towards Satoru.

"I'm Cupid dumbass, It's my whole existence to make people fall in love. Why would I be assigned to a job that I would fail at?" Satoru explained. Suguru thought for a moment. "Exactly how long have you been working on this job?" He asked, leaning against the same tree Satoru was.

  "Two weeks.." Satoru said in a defeated voice, closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the tree as well. Suguru's eyes widened, surprised by his answer. "You are supposed to be successful in every job, but you also haven't mastered your work. Don't be so hard on yourself and just focus on mastering your powers for a moment." Suguru said reassuringly but still in his normal dull tone of voice.

  Satoru stayed silent for a moment before breaking the silence. "How did we end up doing these jobs?" Suguru simply shrugged. "We were assigned by higher powers. Our past lives deemed us suitable for them I guess." Suguru turned his gaze towards Satoru, watching his usual happy self looking so disappointed. Satoru breathed out as if he was whispering to himself. "Why couldn't we be normal?..."