Who Did This To You? Part 2

hope y'all enjoy....sorry for the bad posting schedule I'm in the middle of assessments :( 😭 Disclaimer: I don't know who Taylor's lawyer is (I just made up a name for this story)

I woke up to the smell of fresh pancakes and maple syrup. I went to the bathroom to wash my face but stopped dead when I saw my eye. I started bawling. How could I have been so stupid to stay with Joe for that long.

 Long enough to have a scar on my face showing what he had done to me. I knew I needed to get out of that relationship but I stayed. Why, because I thought he would get better. I thought this was just a rough patch. But now seeing a purpley blue bruise over my eye made a shiver crawl down my spine. 

"Tay, honey me and Theo made you food" I hear Travis voice calling from the stairs. He makes his way to the bathroom door and sees me. "Oh tay" he runs over to me and embraces me in a big hug.

 "I'm an idiot trav, I stayed with him for so long for him to just continue hurting me" I cried into his chest while he was rubbing my back and kissing my forehead. "Oh tay, you don't deserve any of that ok? You are the strongest person I know. I promise you he won't get away with ok, I promise." 

He sticks out his pinky to 'pinky promise' I laugh and do the same. We stayed there for another few minutes while my cries quiten to sniffles. "Mama, Twavis?" We hear Theo walking up to the bathroom.

 I wipe my tears and bend down to him. "Hi baby, how are you?" I ask him while brushing my hand on his adorable cheek. "Mama sad?" He asks and crooks his neck to the side. Something he caught on from me. "No baby, mama is ok"

 I hugged him and we exited the bathroom. "Me and Twavis make you pancakes!" he explains as we walk down the stairs while I'm holding him. "You did baby!" I match his energy. "do you want some tay"? Travis asks me. "Yea sure"

 I replied and took a seat on the table next to Theo who was munching on some pancakes. A few hours later I called my lawyer about speaking a date for the assault case. Travis took Theo out to park an hour before so I'm currently eating some cereal talking to Alex. 

I was 'seeing' Travis 3 months before I left Joe so I've been over to his house a bunch of times. "Well we can have a court date on the 11th but no sooner than that" 

I'm currently on the phone with Alex talking about days for court. "Umm and what about custody ... .I don't want him to see theo. When he is older he can make that decision for himself but for now no" i explain to him how joe threw a bottle at theo's head one time I left him during one of our 'arguments'. 

"Well, during the hearing you can say that, But we'll just have to wait and see "I was on the verge of tears now. How could someone who clearly gives no shits about his son so much that he threw something at him actually get another chance to make it right. 

"Umm well.....ok t-thank you Alex ... .talk soon" i didn't wait for a response i just hung up. I just started crying like crazy. Eventually I got tired and fell asleep on the couch.

Travis's POV:

"Come on buddy, let's go back home now" i say to theo who is running around the park. "Ok Twavis, we see mama now"? He runs over to me and I pass him his water bottle and he takes a sip. "Yea buddy we can see your mama now"

I ruffle his blonde locks and blow on his sweaty face to cool him down. "Ok Travis we go now" and he starts to walk to the car. I love how close we are. 

Even though he doesn't understand everything that is going on with Joe and Taylor, I like how I can help him to feel more comfortable and hopefully be a father figure in his life later on. When we get home Theo walks out of the car and I open the door.

 Taylor is lying down on the couch and I can see tear stains on her face. I pick her up and lay her down in my bed for her to rest. I put on a show for theo and clean up a little bit. I do the dishes for breakfast and clean the couch and floor. 

After that I made lunch, which was homemade pizza. I sat down with theo on the table and we ate and talked. We ended the evening watching bluey and paw patrol on repeat until Theo fell asleep. It was only about 5:30 so I took him upstairs to the guest room and went to take a shower. 

When I got upstairs I saw taylors little frame leaning against the bed headboard with a smile on her face. "Hey" I smile and walk over to her and kiss her forehead. "How are you feeling"? I ask her. "Better thanks ... .how's theo"? 

 She asks and her body stiffens, probably out of habit from joe. "Hey, he's ok.. We went to the park, we made pizza for lunch and we watched paw patrol and some show called bluey or something." she laughs, "yea he's obsessed with that aussie show" she laughs.

 "He saw it when we were in Australia and has been obsessed ever since...." she trails off and i blow a stray hair out of her hair. "So um how was the call with your lawyer?" she stiffens again.

 "Hey, hey, hey it's ok" I soothe her shoulders as tears start forming in her eyes. "Umm...so i can't legally get full custody for theo, even though he fucking hit him, i can divorse him and go to court for abuse but he still can have custody on him which is fucked. 

She cries into my chest. "Oh babe i'm so sorry , we'll figure it out ok? Together.....i love you......i promise".