Chapter-1: The Cold-Hearted Dragon And A Crying Kitten?

"... according to the recent theory of evolution, research says that modern Animans evolved in the largest empire of the world- Aeonia, possibly from the crossbreeding of Homo Sapiens and Animalia some 50,000 to 100,000 years ago, gradually they migrated and replaced..."

"UGH! Damn, this history class. Why is everything that the professor explains goes above my head? See, everyone is so sleepy, but Elie why do you seem so excited?"

Evander Pantherun was annoyed. He put down the pen he was rotating in his fingers on the desk loudly and looked at his best friend Elion Grimalkin who was taking the notes of the class very enthusiastically.

"Because I love our history. Do you know they say scientists have found out that our ancestors, homo sapiens are probably from a planet named Earth of our neighborhood galaxy -Milkyway. Then there might be our ancestors living on that planet now. But sadly it takes us some light years to reach there so we can't meet them. Then my question is how did they get here ages ago? Isn't it interesting?"

Elion's eyes were sparkling as he explained. His fluffy golden-silver cat ears and tail were twitching excitedly.

But Evander's lips turned into a thin line as he nonchalantly deadpanned, "NO!"

Elion hit his friend with his soft paws scrunching his nose.

Just then the bell rang. All the students who had been sluggish and drowsy until now were energized packing their bags and dashed out of the classroom in mere seconds.

Evander's face lit up as he picked up his bag and hurried Elion who stuffed his books inside his bag with pouty lips and then let his friend drag him out.

Both of them walked out of their classroom but stopped as soon as they saw the big muscled bully from the Tiger clan along with his Hyena minions standing in the corridor searching for them.

Evander held Elion's hand tightly as they both stared at each other and came to a tacit understanding.

They ran back into the classroom,p jumped out of the window from the first floor and landed on their soft cushiony paws.

"What should we do now? That nasty Tiger is waiting for us with his Hyenas. If we are caught, today will be the end of us."

Elion looked anxious as his heart started beating fast.

"Calm down, Elie. I will use my speed power and we will go to the nearby magic carriage stop and take one to our province, okay?"

Evander suggested as he bent a little signing Elion to get on his back.

Elion nodded and jumped on the back of Evander who closed his eyes and then opened, his smokey grey irises gleamed as he sped fast.

As Evander was a snow leopard he could run at the maximum speed of 65km/hr. He leaped through the students and in ten seconds they both were in front of the magic carriage stop.

"Alright, we are here. Let us mindlink our chauffeurs and tell them we will be going home on our own, okay? Even if that Tiger and Hyenas follow our carriages they will be stopped at the border of our Ice Dragon province."

Evander suggested again. Elion agreed. The both of them took out their communicators  to their Chauffeurs appointed by their families and informed them.

Then they took a private magic carriage which could only be afforded by rich people.

But Elion Grimalkin from the rarest Maine coon race of Cat's clan and Evander Pantherun from the famous snow leopard race of the Panthers clan could manage it easily as both their families were listed among the top 10 rich people in the Ice Dragon province.