Brown Athletics.

I touched up my lip gloss, and put on my heels before grabbing my purse

I touched up my lip gloss, and put on my heels before grabbing my purse. I did one final spin in the mirror, and I was ready to go. I opened the door and unfortunately,

"Hey Lainey!"

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Where the hell do you think you're going dressed like that Elaine Walters." Chandler demanded.

Are you fucking kidding me.

"I'm just going out. I'll be back in like an hour and a half." I said trying to squeeze past him and failing miserably.

"Out with who?"

Okay. I could tell the truth and let him know I'm going on a date with Millar. Or I could lie to him, weaken the trust between the 2 of us and have to deal with an insanely long lecture about trust, boys and safety from him.

...

"I'm going out with Danny. I'll talk to you later." I said quickly finally managing to squeeze past him.

Truthfully, no one knows where I'm going tonight. Thankfully, I still had my 3 elephant cards and I'm using one today. Hopefully, the girls will remember to cover for me.

The girls tend to blow through their 3 elephant cards pretty quickly, but I like to be smart with mine. It's not often you get to do something without being forced to tell your friends and have them cover for you.

The girls and I have a rule. You get to use 3 elephant cards in a year. Once the word Elephant is mentioned, no more questions about said event can be asked and you must cover for said friend no matter what. If you fail to adhere to these terms, you lose all of your elephant cards for the remainder of the year.

If you're already out of elephant cards for the year and you refuse to cover, you start with only 1 the next year.

And of course, I'm the one that keeps up with everything. I took over after Danny screwed up Sierra's elephant cards last year.

It's the reason why we dress up as elephants almost every Halloween. Some years we feel like we should do cute elephants, other years sexy and occasionally funny elephants.