tala's lore

TW: mild gore (briefly mentioned in explanation

TW: mild gore (briefly mentioned in explanation. please proceed with caution.)

PICTURED: tala, goddess of sexuality and polyamory, during her induction into godhood.

tala was an interesting case.

born to amadeus (god of love) and barbelo (god of tranquility) and a result of a one night stand, tala was raised without being assigned a specific domain as a goddess. while this happens with many godly children, they often are decided their domain in early childhood.

tala became the goddess of sexuality at 20 years old, which is generally the accepted age of "adulthood" to the gods (even though they lack a perception of time.)

the process of domain assignment is regarded as extremely painful; fortunately, many gods are too young to quite comprehend the excruciating feeling, which has been described as "similar to having your lungs ripped out and stapled above your helpless corpse like a blood eagle of the ancient vikings." tala described it as that feeling tenfold.

each god wears a golden circle somewhere on their body, made of their golden blood, a symbol of their godhood. while some wear it as headbands, earrings, nose rings, etc, tala opted to have a golden garter around her left leg, because as she put, it was "fitting for the goddess of a sensual nature."

the process of receiving this halo involves the carvings of skin around the designated area, in which the golden godly blood flows into the flesh wound and hardens into solid metal. only then is the ritual completed.

-
SO YEAH ERM SORRY FOR THE LONG SPIEL I GOT REALLY INTO IT HAHAHAH

yeah lore drop‼️

okay bye bye love y'all (if you've got any lore questions i will answer in the comments probably not in long paragraphs i promise🤞)