the dark i know well

MAJOR TW: child sa mention, mention of p0rnography, grooming, nothing depicted physically however it is a very uncomfortable topic. please proceed with caution.

tala didn't have a good life growing up

tala didn't have a good life growing up. her parents — amadeus and barbelo — struggled to raise her, so they passed her on to a family member, who signed her up at a foster care system in dimension #05. she ended up being trafficked at age 12 after being adopted. she was taken to the black market dimension until she was "saved" by a young elven couple and taken to their home in the underworld.

tala was happy at first. they were good parents. however, she quickly learned that her new father and mother were far from what she thought, and has a heavy influence in the p0rn industry. she took it with a grain of salt, as they largely kept her out of that part of their lives and didn't talk about it around her. but as she got older, they started bringing her to the sets, having her be apart of their "productions."

then, it started to seep into her home life, and by the age of 16 tala's father would m0lest her almost every night. her mother knew, and never did anything about it.

when tala turned 20, the generally accepted age of adulthood in the underworld and wider scale of the multiverse, she left. she found her birth parents again. because of how conditioned she had become to her life, when they took her to her godly ceremony, she became the goddess of sexuality.

she's distanced herself from her childhood at large. however, the wounds are still there. the lyrics from the drawing represent her past experiences with her "parents" from her teen years.

-

so.

this is a really serious topic, im sorry.
my friends and i bounced around ideas for  this character originally based on past experiences and our fears. it was something of a coping mechanism.

i found this song, "the dark i know well" from the musical "spring awakening" and i made this piece because it represents tala and the terrible things she's experienced.

i hope that if nothing else this helps spread awareness as to how children are taken advantage of in the p0rn industries and foster care systems, and how people need to know so we can make a change.

i love you guys. stay safe.❤️❤️❤️