001- That's good

Growing up it was always me and my two older brothers, Tom and Mattheo Riddle. Although they are a year older than me, I'm seen as a child in need of attention and protection. Don't get me wrong I love the attention, I love conversation I love being around the people I love, it's just well I'm not too fond of the protection. It started when I was an young girl, I was always bullied for my hair or my skin or even something as stupid as being adopted. When we were children, the boys took a while to warm up to me, as I did them. I mean it's understandable I was a new girl they had never seen or heard before. They were two big boys (they were ridiculously tall for their age) that intimidated me, for fun. Though once they saw how I felt whenever someone said something to me Mattheo either punched them in the face or Tom would find a way to use magic and punish them. And that's how our relationship grew, the three of us thick as thieves, partners in crime.

I always felt a rush of energy when we were going back to Hogwarts after break. I rushed through the brick wall in between platform 9 and 10, I was greeted by Tom and Mattheo. Tom used magic to put our luggage away while I followed Mattheo to our shared group of friends. There I saw Pansy, Draco, Enzo, Blaise, and Theo. I gave a happy smile to Pansy and she gave one back. I moved and sat between Pansy and Theo, he looked at me though he didn't say anything. After a moment he looked again, I caught him and we shared a look, it couldn't have been more than 5 seconds though it felt like an enternity. I'm pulled out of my trance when Pansy speaks to me. "Tari, how was your break?" *Her voice was always sweet though it was firm. "It was great, I hung out with those two," I gestured to Mattheo and Tom then continued. "I mostly read or played with Ciri," (Our dog) Pansy smiled at me and it was quiet for a moment before I could hear laughter, it was coming from Theo. "How is that mutt of yours?" I turned my head to him. "She's wonderful, and she's not a mutt. She's a beautiful Corgi." He chuckled again. "Last time I checked your dog was short. She waddled around with her short legs." I gasped in disbelief. "Ciri is not short okay. It's just her breed, they're known to be somewhat tiny," He laughed again, this time I laughed with him. "Somewhat." He said under his breath, though I could hear him.

A little while later and we're all getting settled into our dorms. The boys and Pansy went straight to theirs and I went to mine, Since they were a year ahead of me we didn't have to share dorms. That was fine since my roommate was Solana, she was amazing although she was quiet she was very sweet and friendly and funny. Which is great because sometimes I need a break from the group and Solana's always there to give me a hug if needed. When I see her I give her the biggest hug, what felt like years though was only probably a couple of months was spent missing her.

I spent the time I had for now unpacking, most would usually do it later but I like doing things as soon as I see the chance to do them. I don't know why but I feel that being lazy will just put a cloud over my mind, like it did last year, I seriously do not need that this year. I need to find peace of mind for once and put myself first, saying it is the easy part but doing, not so much. I unpack my bag and I see something I completely forgot about, a signed jersey of one of my brother's favorite basketball team. Mattheo took me to the muggle world to go see the Warriors play a game, he used magic to get the jersey signed. Mattheo knew how much the muggle world fascinated me, so he did this to ease my curiosity. To me the muggle world is glamorous, I love to find out new things involved in it. What they eat, what they listen to, what they watch, what they do. Since I was a child I've been listening to muggle music, so have my older brothers. I found that I like RnB and Rap, I find it to be soulful, full of culture and painfully entertaining. Mattheo he's a sucker for The Smiths, he loves them. Tom, he listens to classical music from dead pianists like Bach, though I swear I caught him listening to a Taylor Swith once, not that he'd admit it.

*I don't know if I mentioned this but this story takes place as of now like 2024*

Once I finished packing I got a text from Pansy.

"Me and the boys are at my dorm, join us." - Pans

"I don't know. I have a lot to do before classes tomorrow." -Me

"Come on, Theo's bringing weed." - Pans

"Fine, but only for like 20 minutes." -Me

"You say that now." - Pans

I tell Solana I'm going to go hang out with my brothers then I leave. As I'm walking down the hall to Pansy's room I see Theo assuming he's walking to the same place. I smile and wait for him to catch up. "Hey," He looks at me, poking his gum with his tongue. "Evening." As we're walking to Pansy's room there's an awkward silence, until he decides to break it. "How's Cedric?" I stop in my tracks. "What?" He sighs. "Your boyfriend. How is he?" I swallow, not really knowing what to say. After a while I just decide the truth. "We... we broke up." He stops walking and looks at me. "Oh." I nod. "Yeah, last year." It's silent again until we finally reach Pansy's room. Though my mind must have been playing tricks on me because I swore I heard his voice once more. Before we walk in he says in a low voice, obviously too low for the people already in the room to hear. "That's good." He then walked in, leaving me wondering what the hell he meant by 'that's good.'