002- Chocolate Frogs

I sit next to Pansy while Blaise, Mattheo, and Draco are smoking their lungs out. Theo goes to Enzo and they start talking about something, while Tom is sitting at Pansy's desk reading. I start to talk to Pansy about classes and gossiping about some students and teachers when Mattheo, high in the clouds grabs everyone's attention. "You know what'd be great right now?" "Some water." Tom said implying that Mattheo needed to sober up. He shook his head. "No not at the moment, I was thinking some snacks." Draco shrugged. "I could go for some snacks." Mattheo smiled a cheeky grin. "You know who has the best snacks? Theo." He said pointing at the boy. Theodore turned his head and looked at Mattheo. "No." Mattheo frowned. "Please. I'm hungry and dinner already ended." He pleaded, Theo still shook his head. I thought about it for a second, I too was feeling hungry. "Please Theo." He turned around and looked at me for a moment, swallowing he finally agreed. "Fine." Mattheo chuckled. "Great you two go get some snacks." Before I could say anything Theo was out the door and waiting for me to follow. Before I could Tom stopped me, he handed me the book he was previously reading. "Read it, tell me what you think." I looked down at the book, colored in black though it had a red rose on the cover. I opened it and examined the first page. "This is a poetry book," I smiled excitedly, I adored poetry, elegant and peaceful it was something me and Tom shared an interest in. "Thank you." I hugged him, he didn't hug back but I could tell the feeling was mutual. I put the book down and went out the door following Theo to his dorm.

It was dark and quiet in the halls. Everyone was in their dorms, it was past curfew after all. I glanced over to my left and looked at Theo, we were walking side by side. The boy was tall and his brown hair fell effortlessly messy on his head. He was beautiful and I was certainly not the first to notice. I've heard from my brothers how he was a player. Never with a girl longer than a month, though I couldn't hate him for it. I knew him too well to, usually I'd avoid boys like him, but with him it was impossible he was too, well... him. He was too himself for me to ever stay away from him. His cunningness, his laugh, his smile, his smugness, even when he was being an complete dick he was too astonishing to ignore.

"Why'd you guys break up?" His question hit like a bag of bricks. A question I was totally not expecting, I exhaled. "We just grew apart." His lips parted like he was going to say something, then thought against it. I gave him a small smile, trying to lighten the mood. There's another awkward silence around us, before and now have got to be the most times in a month I've interacted with Theo alone. He was always Mattheo and Tom's friend, of course I've seen him around and we've shared a look but we've never been alone together. I think it's because they know how he is with girls and how I am with guys, Mattheo and Tom would riot if they found out I was messing around with Theo. So the thoughts of that ever happening were to either stay locked in my journal or in my dreams.

When we reach his dorm he opens the door and I walk in, he follows closely behind me, maybe a little too close. He puts his hand on my shoulder and moves me out of the way a little so he could move past me. He kneels down in front of a desk and grabs a box of snacks. I stand there awkwardly waiting for him. "So.. what about you? Do you have a girlfriend?" I swear I could hear him chuckle and then cover it with a cough. "No, I don't. I've been single for awhile." My eyes widened. Him? Single? A 6'0 boy that God clearly took his time with, Single? Maybe I have a chance after all. I snap out of my trance and remember, no I do not have a chance at all. He is both of my brother's best friend, not a single chance in the world.

He stands up and walks over to me, towering over me stepping a little closer. He's quiet, his eyes staring into mine. His arm moves and I thought he was going to make a move but no, he moves it and grabs a bag from the table behind me. "Chocolate frogs, your favorite." He hands me the candy and opens the door, not waiting for me to follow. I swallow and walk out of the dorm closing the door behind me and almost running to catch up with him. "How'd you know I like Chocolate Frogs?" He laughs. "A single thank you, would be nice." "Thank you, how'd you know?" He exhales. "Pansy told me." I nod opening the container and taking a bite.

Eventually we get back to Pansy's dorm and everyone is already passed out, asleep. Tom was gone, probably went back to his dorm but as of everyone else, they were asleep. "How long were we gone?" Theo shrugs and chuckles. "I'm gonna go back to my dorm. I'll see you tomorrow." I give him a smile goodbye and he gives one back. I close the door and quickly make my way to my dorm, to which Solana is also asleep. I change out of my clothes and into my night wear. Sleep comes for me faster than expected and before I know it I'm asleep, dreaming about the one person I should definitely not be dreaming about.