003- Watching the stars

The next morning, it was around 7 when I woke up. Solana was still asleep so I quietly made my way to the shower in the bathroom. I took a long shower, getting myself ready for whatever was going to happen today. By the time I was out and dressed Solana was up. I gave her a smile. "Good morning," She smiled and waved, getting her clothes. "How was last night?" I blinked and the thoughts of last night crept into my mind. Was Theo flirting with me? Would you even call that flirting? "It was fine, I just hung out with the guys and Pansy for a little while." She nodded and walked past me to the bathroom.

I looked at the time and told Solana I'd see her in class. Walking out of the dorm I found my way to the Slytherin common room. I see my brothers and Enzo sitting down. I walk over to them and sit down next to Mattheo. "Good morning." Enzo turned his head and smiled at me. "Good morning, Tari." I looked at the three boys around me. "What are you talking about?" Mattheo chuckles. "Enzo here won't tell us what girl he's been seeing." I gasped in shock. "Enzo's dating someone? Before me?" I laugh teasingly. "What's that supposed to mean?" Enzo asked with a confused look on his face. "That you're a player and somewhat of an asshole." Tom answered.

Enzo shook his head in disbelief and I laughed at Tom's bluntness. When the bell rings, I hug Mattheo goodbye and tell Tom goodbye. Walking to class there was only one person on my mind. Though I knew it was wrong and he probably doesn't even think of me in the same way, I couldn't help but think what if. I mean I'm just a girl right? A girl could dream.

I walked in and took a seat, not long after I saw Solana. I signaled for her to sit next to me but before she could Cedric came and sat down, he was certainly not the person on my mind. I looked at him, then at her. She shrugged and sat at the spot behind me. "Hi Tari." I exhaled. "Morning." I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye. "How have you been?" I did not have the energy to talk to him this morning. I fixed my skirt and smoothed it out, wanting to hurry this morning to see my friends. I must have put on a shorter skirt than what I needed to. "Can we just not talk, at all?" My voice comes out a little more harsh than necessary. "That's fine." He said leaning back in the chair to the left of me.

I started to zone out, thinking the same thing as before. I'm pulled back into reality when I hear the professor calling out names. "Granger and Lovegood. Weasley and Potter. Diggory and Riddle." A small gasp from my mouth escaped and I looked at the person to my left, who was already looking at me. He gives me a smug grin. "I guess we're partners. I can't wait." I scoff and roll my eyes at his comment. I couldn't believe that the one person I was hoping to stay away from this year would be the person I saw the most for the first semester.

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I was knee deep in homework when I decided to take a break. Solana was gone, probably with her hufflepuff friends. I left my homework on my bed and walked out the door. Looking at my phone I had zero new messages. Not even a notification from an app like Pinterest or Instagram, they seem to always be on my phone.

My feet carried me to the astronomy tower, looking for a place to breathe and relax. Though I can't say I was expecting a familiar face to appear. Especially not Theo's. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw him, he was sitting down with yet another cigarette in his hand. I stared at his face, admiring his features, then my eyes dropped to his hands. As one held the cigarette while the other held the lighter. It was transparent so I could see the reflection of his silver rings. One big ring on his pointer finger, another skinnier one on his ring finger with the initials T.N, the last was one of a snake going around his pinky. When my attention finally moved on from his hands to his face again I noticed he was already looking at me. His dark eyes staring into mine. "Sorry, I'll go." I turned to leave but his voice brought me back. "It's fine, sit, stay." I blinked, he wanted me to stay? Alone? With him? He wanted my company rather than being alone. I try my best to hide the smile forming on my lips and sit next to him. Not even realizing I'd be up here in the cold, I forgot my robe on my bed. He must have noticed my cold state and took off his robe, putting it on me. "No no, I'm fine." He shook his head. "Just take it." I nodded. "Thank you." I spoke softly, usually my mind would be on him but not now. It's funny really, he seems to be the only thing my mind focuses on. When I'm actually sitting right next to him my mind cannot seem to deviate from Cedric. Well not him exactly, more like how dreadful the semester will be with having to work on the project with him. I wonder if I say something to Professor McGonagall, will she switch us? Most likely not.

He seemed to have noticed my departness so he leaned back and said something. "Are you okay? You seem to be somewhere else." I gave him the most honest smile I could, though it was as if he could see straight through it. "I'm good." "No, you're not. You're lying." I tilted my head in confusion, wanting to dig more in how he knew I was lying. "How do you know that? You don't know me." I waited impaiently for his response, he seemed to find this amusing. "I know you better than you know yourself." I scoffed and parted my lips, wanting to say something but he stopped me. "Just tell me what's wrong with you." He demanded. I exhaled, giving up on any form of protest. "McGonagall partnered me and Cedric together for a project, for the first semester." He took another drag of his cigarette, fixing his position in the seat he moved his legs wider and leaned down. "That must suck." I nod slowly when my mind wandered back to Cedric, then his voice brought me back once again. "Are you going to the quidditch game tomorrow?" I shook my head. "I have a shit ton of work to do." He poked his right gum with his tongue, I must have been seeing things because he looked almost disappointed. "You should at least go to the celebration party afterwards." I tilted my head, I somehow found that sentence amusing. "Having a party already planned when you don't know if you'll win or not?" "We'll win." He said in a low voice as if he knew. "How do you know?" He scoffed. "We're going against Gryffindor." I made an inaudible O shape with my mouth. "I'll think about it." He nodded and stayed quiet. After a little while I laid my head on his shoulder, silently enjoying his company and watching the stars.