VI. see me for what i am

Percy lost the struggle to Beelzebub and was forced to strip naked. Oh, and it weirdly reminds her of her.

The fight for coverage wore Percy down a lot. Her vulnerability out in the open for a strange emo god to see, entirely in her awkward glory. Each accessory forced off of her felt like her skin being peeled off. The tugging of the loose fabric were the blood, bones and veins that were forcibly tossed to the side to expose her heart in its entirety.

As if Beelzebub was stripping her of all the things that she is down to the very basis of her being. Down to the reality of her that no such deception could hide. Down to the side of her that scared her. Down to whoever Percilla Jackson really is.

Percy didn't like it.

She didn't want to be reminded of it all. Her fears. Her worries. Her power.

Because underneath it all was a version of her she's scared of. A version of her that reminded her of too much like Poseidon. The violent, merciless version of him.

The sea does not like to be restrained.

The Moirai asked her once,
Your father's punishment for breaking the oath, do you want to know what it is?

...yes

They grinned and said,
Poseidon's godly daughters have always been more...dangerous, violent. You are no different.

Percy researched the daughters of Poseidon then. Of her sisters one stood out, Kymopoleia, the Goddess of Violent Sea and Storm. Because of her drive to be feared and chaotic nature, their father restricted Kymopoleia of her powers on multiple occasions. She was then cast out by the family and married off to Briares. After all the neglect and mistreatment, Kymopoleia grew to be bitter and resentful.

The sea does not like to be restrained.

Because of her sister's innate nature, she was cast out and unfavored. Because Kymopoleia was violent and cruel, because she had the gall to be herself she was punished. What if she was like Kymopoleia?

She could feel it. The urge is always there—the pull. Every time she is near water, every being of her just wants. Wants to dive deeper and deeper and deeper. Until Percy could no longer see in front of her, until Percy could no longer think. Until all around her is just pitch black. Until she and the water became one.

And then everything snapped.

As if a rubber band she'd stretched too far broke and hit her right in the face. As if a balloon she'd blown suddenly popped. The fear was instantaneous. The human part of her was aching and engulfed in fear. Fear gripped her throat and heart choking in its severity. She was too scared to delve deeper. Too scared to lose herself. Because if she did, would she end up like Kymopoleia? Percy feared she would.

So she closed her eyes and counted to ten.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Ten

Don't blame me if the formatting is off, that's all Wattpad

Don't blame me if the formatting is off, that's all Wattpad. I tried fixing it but it just won't let me. Feel free to blame me for making this short and kinda confusing tho 😻

Sorry I chose to make a filler instead of an actual chapter 😭

Love you lots, see you next time xx