Going to Beacon

(James POV) (Age 18):

As I stared at the weapon resting at the foot of my bed, memories flooded my mind, each one a snapshot of the journey I had undertaken since the day it was gifted to me on my 13th birthday.

Dad taught me how to fight with a scythe, and Aunt Raven taught me how to use a sword. The memories of my training sessions with Dad and Aunt Raven filled me with a sense of nostalgia and gratitude. They were reluctant at first to train me, wary of the dangers that came with being a Huntsman. But I was persistent, eager to prove myself worthy of their teachings.

Dad, with his rugged demeanor and unwavering determination, had initially tried to dissuade me from pursuing the path of a warrior. He had seen firsthand the toll that the life of a Huntsman could take, the sacrifices that had to be made in the name of protecting others. But despite his reservations, he had eventually relented, recognizing the fire burning within me and the need to nurture it rather than extinguish it.

Aunt Raven, on the other hand, had been a more enigmatic presence in my life. Her training methods were unconventional, her lessons steeped in mystery and secrecy. She had tested me in ways I never thought possible, pushing me to my limits and beyond. But beneath her tough exterior lay a fierce loyalty and a depth of knowledge that I could only begin to comprehend.

With the inhibitor rings off, I could finally tap into the full extent of my powers for up to 45 minutes. It was a significant improvement from when I first started, barely able to last a few minutes without succumbing to exhaustion. But through perseverance and dedication, I had gradually built up my endurance, pushing the boundaries of what I thought was possible.

And then there were the air shoes, a gift from Ruby and Yang. They had spent countless hours crafting them by hand, fine-tuning every detail to enhance my mobility and complement my semblance.

Although I was still cold towards new people and hesitant to form new relationships, the bonds I shared with my family were stronger than ever. Dad, Aunt Raven, Summer, Ruby, Yang—they were my rock, my support system, the ones who had stood by me through thick and thin.

I was soon interrupted by my thoughts by a knock on my door followed by a voice, "Come on Shadow, or else we will miss the bullhead to beacon."

Chuckling at Ruby's excitement, that I could fill through the door, I shook my head before putting my shoes on, grabbing my weapon and putting it on my back, and grabbing my dufflebag.

As I opened the door I was met with the face of ruby, being impatient and eager to get going. Her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm, and I couldn't help but smile at her infectious energy.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," I chuckled, stepping past her and joining her in the hallway

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," I chuckled, stepping past her and joining her in the hallway. Yang was already waiting there, tapping her foot impatiently as she checked her scroll.