Initiation

(An: I am going to skip the speech, and the night at beacon because nothing happens to our MC, don't worry he's not going to be a loner forever. The only people who knows what happen to him fully, and that SDC are the cause is him. Other then himself, Qrow knows the most of anyone, but not everything.)

(James POV):

After waking up earlier, then anyone else I decide to go for a run changing my attire to my battle one, I walked outside before taking off in a red and black blur. 

As I was running I saw someone come beside me

As I was running I saw someone come beside me. Pure confusion was on my face, I've not met sone as fast as I am.

I slowed my pace slightly, glancing sideways at the person who had suddenly appeared beside me

I slowed my pace slightly, glancing sideways at the person who had suddenly appeared beside me. They matched my speed effortlessly, their movements fluid and graceful.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice cautious as I studied the newcomer.

The person smiled, their eyes twinkling with amusement. "Name's Sonic or Shane which ever you prefer."

I nodded, taking in the newcomer's response. "Sonic it is," I said, my tone neutral but curious. "What brings you out for a run this early?"

Sonic shrugged, a grin spreading across their face. "Just felt like stretching my legs and enjoying the morning breeze," they replied, their voice light and carefree.

"Another faunus, huh?" I remarked, a hint of curiosity lacing my voice.

Sonic nodded, his smile widening. "Yep, proud hedgehog faunus right here," he replied, flicking one of his spiky ears playfully.

"Hm, well it was a pleasure to meet you sonic, maybe I'll meet you again during Initiation."

Sonic nodded enthusiastically. "Likewise, um never caught your name."

With a smirk, I said "Where's the fun in that. Make it past the initiation and I'll tell you my name." 

Sonic chuckled at my response, the sound echoing in the crisp morning air. "Fair enough," he replied, his grin widening. "I'll be looking forward to finding out your name then."