Chapter 1: Doin' Time

Today was New Year's Eve, meaning the Slytherin New Year's Eve party was tonight. Only pure-blood and well-respected families from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin were allowed.

Every boy planned games and talked about who they were going to dance with or make out with while every girl spent all day trying to find the perfect outfit and going to Hogsmeade for dresses, makeup, and shoes to be able to catch their crush's eye.

My friends and I are one of those girls, Mandy is trying to look good for Mattheo Riddle, while Lisa is trying to look good for Draco Malfoy, and I was trying to look good for Blaise Zabini.

"I don't know what to wear," Mandy says, annoyed.

"Neither do I," Lisa says, giving up and letting herself fall back on her bed.

"Would it be too late to go to Hogsmade?" I asked.

"I think we might have time if we hurry," Lisa says, getting up quickly.

We put some shoes on and a coat and run out of the dorm and common room and down the hallway and make a turn towards the main entrance when we see McGonagall so we quickly slow down and start talking about how much we love McGonagall's class.

"Good afternoon, girls," she says with a smile walking away.

"Good afternoon, Professor McGonagall," we say in unison, and after we look back to make sure she is gone, we start running again until we finally arrive at Hogsmeade and make our way to Gladrags

"We made it," Mandy says out of breath.

As we walked through the door of Gladrags, we looked at each dress admiring their beauty.

"Remember we don't have much time," I say as Lisa starts grabbing 3 dresses to try on.

After trying out a few dresses as quickly as we could, we got the ones we liked best and paid up at the counter.

After we ran back into the castle and our dorm, we lay on our beds trying to catch our breath, as soon as we caught our breath we started planning out our outfits and makeup and what shoes would match and then started taking turns showering.

Lisa had picked a short silver silk dress, Mandy had picked a short sparkling gold dress, and I picked a short royal blue silk dress. We then started helping each other get ready and seeing what hairstyles matched us and our dresses.

"Hmmm, I think curls would match and gold glitter for eyeshadow," I tell Mandy

"Yes, that will look perfect," Lisa says. "I think for Scarlett wavy hair, no eyeshadow, and eyeliner will match your dress," Lisa tells me.

"For Lisa,  maybe straight hair and silver glitter for eyeshadow," Mandy says.

"Yes, perfect," I say, and then we start doing our makeup and hair.

After we finished doing our hair and makeup and changing into our dresses it was already 11:40. We're already late.

"Are you all ready because it's 11:40," I said, looking at them.

"Oh my goodness, yes, we're ready, " Lisa says, putting her shoes and lip gloss on quickly.

"It's New Year's Eve, and we're still late," Mandy says, running out of the restroom.

We made our way to the dungeons, and as we were in front of the Slytherin common room entrance, "Pure-blood," I whispered the password. As we stepped in, we were greeted by alcohol and smoke, I guess they had already gotten started with drinking and smoking. We walked towards the snack and drinks table and started serving ourselves Firewhiskey, "Okay, no one is leaving from here until they have at least 5 shorts in them," Lisa said. We then took one shot at a time in less than a minute, which didn't take long to hit, I started feeling myself loosen up, next thing I knew Mandy was asking Mattheo Riddle to dance, and Lisa started making out with Draco Malfoy on a couch, that was fast.

Nope, I am not prepared to ask Blaise to dance, I took 3 more shots until I finally got the courage to ask Blaise to dance.

"HI, Blaise!" I shouted a little too loud.

"Woah you okay?" He asked as he held my waist to steady me.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to dance with me?" I asked nervously as he was holding me and at what his answer might be.

"Sure," he said as he put his drink on the table "Let's go, love," he said as he put his arm around my shoulder and we made our way to the middle of the dance floor.

We danced and danced for at least an hour or so, I was sweating, but I couldn't stop dancing.