Chapter 2: Blue Jeans

As I danced with Blaise in the middle of the crowded dance floor with my hands caressing my hair and my neck as my hips swayed to the music feeling euphoric, the crowd slowly parted in front of me as a sort of movie scene where Faith wants two people to meet, I continued to dance but when I looked over Blaise's shoulder I was in awe when I saw him.

He was standing against the wall nonchalantly with a cigarette in between his lips as he held a lighter with his left hand, lighting it up. He was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt as the blue lights shined above him as if he were God's prized possession on display for people to admire.

He was like James Dean in a crowded room, as I glanced at him for a second it turned into an eternity, he made my eyes burn I was unable to look away as much as I tried my eyes were stuck, they were glued to him. As he felt my adoring gaze on him, he looked at me as he blew the warm smoke of his cigarette out of his lips making it look as if the very same warm air from the fire came from ice instead, he held eye contact as if he was trying to read me through my eyes, but as he looked at me I felt as though the room was empty and it was just the two of us, he looked at my eyes with questions and I looked at his eyes in adoration.

But as the second was quick to make eye contact it was even quicker to break it, as his eyes broke from mine the empty room started to crowd slowly as I looked away from him, I looked back at Blaise to see if I had the same connection, to know if I was imagining the whole thing, if I was being delusional, or if it was the alcohol getting to me, but as I looked at Blaise I didn't feel as if we were alone and as he looked back into my eyes I looked away I didn't feel drawn to Blaise as I was to him.

I left Blaise in the middle of the crowded dance floor as I looked around for him, I needed to find him I needed to see if it was just the heat of the moment or if it was the crowd around me, but as I looked and circled as if I had lost my mind, I couldn't find him I went to the wall he was standing by but all there was left was the faint smell of his cigarette and cologne. I looked once more but it was as if all I saw was a ghost that left me his cold air behind as sort of proof that he was here, as to make sure you knew it was real but couldn't prove it to those who didn't see the magnificence of their presence, people started cheering as the New Year was finally here, but I couldn't help but wonder where he was at.