Chapter 6: Lolita

~Fast-forward to Monday~

"Okay, remember what we went over," said Mandy as we stood in front of our dorm door, ready to go out to the great hall for breakfast.

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused, looking at Mandy.

"Remember you can't go up to Atlas, he has to come to you but you can tease him and make him see you and notice you, by flirting with guys to make him notice you or to make him jealous," Lisa said annoyed as I made her tell me the plan a thousand time already.

"Okay, okay," I said, feeling nervous.

"Remember, don't let him know you're nervous to get his attention just do it, believe this is who you are and always have been, flirt as if it's your second nature, turn on your social switch and flirt with those boys as if your life depends on it," said Mandy looking at me straight in the eyes.

I quickly shook off the nerves and got prepared for what was to come. After I was ready we made our way to the great hall as people in our common room stared at me, I must admit I was nervous but then remembered what Mandy said so I quickly turned my social switch on. As I walked down the hallways, people turned to me some admiring, some judging, but most of them were in awe or surprised. I used this to my advantage to lift my confidence, and so I walked as if I owned the place, which sounds bratty, but whatever works.

Once we got to the great hall a few people took a glance at the door and then stared in shock and others just whispered to each other gossiping which almost made me turn back but instead I continued to walk into the great hall, Lisa, Mandy, and I sat at the Ravenclaw table and ate as they gave me tips on how to flirt. All the information and all the stares made me want to go back and not go forward with the plan, but then I felt someone look at me so I looked past Lisa and Mandy who were sitting in front of me, and saw Atlas looking at me, at that moment is when I decided to go full into the plan.

Luckily for me Stephen Cornfoot, a boy from my house was staring at me and smirking from the end of the Ravenclaw table, so as Mandy and Lisa taught me, I twirl my hair once in a movement where it looks natural and as if I'm simply moving my hair out of my way, pout my lip enough for it to be noticeable and cute but not too much where it looks fake and like a whore (Lisa's words of course), and I bat my eyelashes not too much but for it to look natural, and looked at him through my lashes with my head slightly tilted, and then I picked up my head normally and rolled my eyes smiling softly as to give off a playful but bratty look.

I didn't think it would work but I was wrong, because then Stephen stood up and made his way up to me, and smiled as he said hi looking down at me, I said hi back as he sat down next to me, I could see from the corner of my eye Lisa and Mandy giggling, but then I saw someone storm out of the great hall as I looked to see who it was, I saw Atlas' curly hair. It's working, I turned to see Lisa and Mandy as they looked at the great hall entrance and then looked back at me with wide eyes, I then turned to face Stephen he just looked me up and down, so I did what I had to do I smiled at him once more and got up without saying a word and walked out the great hall with Lisa and Mandy walking behind me.

"See, I told you it would work," Lisa whispered to me and Mandy as she giggled.

"Where did you learn to do that?" I asked Lisa in shock at how well it worked.

"My mom taught me a thing or two about how to seduce a man," she told me, smiling proudly as I looked at her in shock.

Once I arrived at potions, I sat in my seat next to Hermione as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Scarlett, you look different!" She said in awe and shock.

"In a good way or in a bad way?" I asked self-consciously.

"In a good way. It suits you," she told me as she smiled.

"Thank you," I told her, smiling.

Professor Snape told us to brew a polyjuice potion and to read the directions carefully. He didn't like teaching potions as most knew he had always wanted the DADA position. Hermione and I read the book for instructions, and then I made my way with the book in my hand, reading what ingredients we needed for the potion as Hermione got everything else prepped.

" Polyjuice Potion Ingredients
• Fluxweed
• Knotgrass
• Lacewing Flies
• Leeches
• Horn of Bicorn
• Boomslang Skin
• Bit of person you desire to change into "

I grabbed the amount of ingredients needed for the potion, all I need was the "Boomslang Skin," but Cormac McLaggen was hogging the container, so I took a deep breath in and walked over to him doing what Lisa taught me.

"Hey McLaggen," I say in a flirty tone as I tilt my head to the side, batting my eyelashes and pouting my lips.

"Poise beautiful always," he said as he looked at me and smirked.

As I was about to talk, I suddenly heard a cold tone behind me.

"You're hogging the ingredients McLaggen,"

I turned around to see who it was, but as I turned around I was met with Atlas towering over me as my back was pressed against the wooden table and he looked over at Cormac to pass him the "Boomslang Skin," after grabbing the container he made eye contact with me and then left, I was left speechless. After composing myself I grabbed all my ingredients and took them to the table with Hermione as she asked why I took long, "I wasn't able to get the Boomslang Skin," I told her still in shock and speechless "Don't worry, Atlas dropped it off about a second ago," Hermione said looking at Atlas in awe, I looked towards Atlas' table and as he felt my eyes on him he looked at me then Hermione then went back to doing his work, I couldn't help but feel a sting of jealousy. If that's how he wanted to play, then game on.