𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

BESTIES...?

AFTER SAVING BELLA FROM BECOMING THE TRACKER'S MEAL IN PHOENIX, THERE WAS A PERIOD OF UTTER CALMNESS.

Prom season had even rolled around for the high schoolers, and as she combed through the few pictures of Bella and Edward together, her stomach twisted in discomfort. Yeah, Augustine was jealous that they could be a couple and do coupley things while her own mate had no desire to do the same with her because she was a leech.

Although, Paul had gotten more pleasant as the days went by; and by more pleasant, he just seemed more calm whenever he spoke to her after that late night by the treaty line. Augustine had tried to poke the bear on numerous occasions, and unlike before when he would gladly reciprocate and push her buttons back, he simply took her comments with an eye roll and redirected the conversation.

It was weird.

And it was seriously throwing her off her game.

One afternoon, she had been calling him almost every name in the book to try and get a reaction out of him. The confident smirk upon her face shuttered away when he'd opted to ask her what her favourite colour was instead, and she felt her chest burn when he gave her the smallest grin after telling him it was green.

And when he responded saying his was blue, the colour of her own eyes before she'd been turned, she had to bite her tongue.

゚☾ ゚。⋆

Her visits to the creek became more spread out as the weather warmed up, and recently she had even gone an entire week without travelling because the Denalis had paid them a visit at the end of the school year. She had been glued to Carmen's side all week, promptly avoiding taking her near the treaty line.

The next time she had seen the older boy, she had actually been driving around town with Bella. The human girl had invited her on a drive into town on a particularly gloomy day, and when Edward had all but heard the hesitance swirling in her mind, he only ensured her that she would be fine.

Despite her minor jealousy, Augustine and Bella were quickly becoming friends much to one Rosalie Hale's dismay. The ravenette couldn't deny that having a friend who was actually close to her in age was refreshing, and running errands with the Swan girl gave her a sense of normalcy she hadn't felt in a long time.

Bella had just run into a nearby shop that was practically teetering on the edge of the treaty line (a couple feet further and she would've had to request that they turn back) when she spotted someone walk out of the store.

Her eyes instantly narrowed on the person's figure and their obvious lack of a shirt. As though sending eyes on him, he spun towards the truck and locked eyes with the girl. And then, the strangest thing happened.

With a small brown paper bag in his grip, he started walking towards the car, only stopping once he was standing at the passenger door where she'd been sitting. Rapping his knuckles against the window, he gestured for her to roll it down.

Pushing her skepticism aside, she rolled down the window and was hit by a wave of evergreen and smoke. "Can I help you?" she questioned, subtly leaning away from the window as his head lurched closer.

"How is it that I always find you near the treaty line?" he asked, lips quirking into a smirk as he addressed her.

A sheepish grimace took over her face. "Pure coincidence?" she offered, only to get an eye roll from the boy in return. "I'm here with a friend, actually."